Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my jdtrs27 wont stay put! I just put a new carb on it and it runs like a champ, but it creeps backward when the shifter says it is in neutral. I havent taken the access panel off yet, but no matter what I do with the shifter lever, the blower still wants to creep around in reverse when I just want it to sit there and warm up.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Not familiar with the drive system on that model. If it is a friction type drive system than the discs must be touching for the machine to move. That means an adjustment of the actuation cable is in order.

You say it creeps around no matter where the motion lever is placed. This leads me to believe the discs are not touching, and the machine is simply walking around due to vibration.

Of course I am only guessing not knowing how you particular system operates.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
I took a look at some information about your trs27 at
John Deere - Parts Catalog

If I read it right, it has a friction drive system. I'd take a look at the owner's manual to review the suggestions for maintenance on the system. Perhaps things are needing general cleaning and adjustment.

It could also be as abumpa suggested, and just vibration of the machine is causing it to move.

·
Registered
91 Posts
All snowblowers with a friction drive will move in neutral while the engine is running even if they are on flat ground. As was stated, engine vibration causes it to move.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts