Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does one go from having 12 blowers to 0 not good at all.

My problem is I fix and flip and I don't have a set blower that is mine.

Should I get a blower that is mine or just roll with what I have at the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
May be better to have a small new tracked snow blower mule in the shed for those just in case moments when you get dumped on EH?

You wont need to feed it very much and all you will need to do is place a lot of Irish Spring soap in the shed and by the recoil housing or on top of the engine to keep the varmints away.

I looked at the cub cadet 3 stage units again today and seeing the second propeller/snow breaker in front of the impeller housing is......... If they used a simple 2 blade propeller they would have fewer issues.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I just sold my last ready to go machine today... BUT I have mine if snow should hit and I also have my backup, I will NEVER be without a blower again LOL Went through 2014 in new england with a little 22" snapper and that was tough, Now I will always have a running one ready to go. Gotta get the 2 I have left fixed up and serviced now and ready to sell, Pickings have been slim for new projects but still plenty to do.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
you should always keep one of the machines you are going to flip at least until you get a new inventory of fixer- uppers

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you should always keep one of the machines you are going to flip at least until you get a new inventory of fixer- uppers
I usually do but man people this year are buying. I'm set to pick up an 11528 and a hs621 tomorrow so I'll be fine. I have a buyer for the 11528 already so it's not mine.

·
Banned
474 Posts
When you come across a blower worth keeping you will know it.

·
Banned
474 Posts
When you come across a blower worth keeping you will know it.:smile_big:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
came across one I wish I kept BUT the sale with the trade in got me about $800 profit and I didnt even rip anyone off LOL All where happy and felt they got a good deal. But still wish I kept that 926DLE in pristine almost unused condition.

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
funny guy.......get a shovel , haha

seriously, get a piece of crap blower that you would never have the integrity to sell, fix it so it works and then keep it.

an ugly duckling kept together with baling wire and duck tape that works. you'll never be tempted to sell.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

seriously, get a piece of crap blower that you would never have the integrity to sell, fix it so it works and then keep it.

an ugly duckling kept together with baling wire and duck tape that works. you'll never be tempted to sell.
:smiley-signs009:

My shed is like the island of misfit toys... and an Allis Chalmers Tracker is the ring leader.

I just don't have the heart to give them to someone who would let them rot away in the woods again with stale, old fuel crystallizing in their veins.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
I’d have one that is a keeper. That way you can always have a well-rested shovel.

·
Registered
579 Posts

Hopefully, Mother Nature doesn't bury you now with 3 feet of snow, LOL, but for that reason alone - I'd have one standing by.
The alternative solution, shovel, could give you a very sore back.

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
One of my early units was the Searsasaurus. Built from multiple machines, it was built to what I wanted: a powerful machine that had the right width auger to pass through the garage etc and move a lot of snow in a reasonable amount of time. Unless I build another one, that's my keeper regardless of any other machines I come by.

·
Registered
842 Posts
:smiley-signs009:

I just don't have the heart to give them to someone who would let them rot away in the woods again with stale, old fuel crystallizing in their veins.
that thought is gut turning, as bad as someone owning a vintage muscle car and never running it. stuck in a garage under a tarp, with a full tank of junk gas in it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

This might work but I don't usually buy those kind of blowers I look for the clean ones.

But it did work with backpack blowers that I've been fixing and selling.

I got an old shindaiwa in a package with some other stuff it's held together with tape and it's beat up missing the af cover but man it blows it's 79cc I'll never sell it.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Everything has a price.....but I've been using the same blower, a 924050 Ariens for fifteen years with a clone on it. all the others get sold. I've got an itch for a 32 Ariens, and just beefed up a late 70's 924 with bigger engine, tall chute, and impeller kit...which may or may not be a keeper...and am starting on a newer ST 1032 that will have a 414cc Chinese snow engine on it. I have a tendency to fall in love with many of the machines I refurb...you have to stay strong.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts