Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on a lift/platform that I can roll snowblowers or walk behind lawn mowers onto which would have the ability to lift/raise up so that I can perform maintenance tasks on them. Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
People are using ones from Harbor Freight. I think that ClassicCat has posts on here describing his conversion of a HF one.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I don't have a picture available but I use a car hydraulic floor jack, 3/4" plywood with a plate bolted to the underside welded to a pipe that fits my jack's hole. I have to lean back and pick up the snowblower, I will make an angled inclined ramp.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Those Harbor Freight table lifts work great with a plywood ramp. It can lift high enough to really get at things and they are sturdy enough to handle a large machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for suggestions on a lift/platform that I can roll snowblowers or walk behind lawn mowers onto which would have the ability to lift/raise up so that I can perform maintenance tasks on them. Any thoughts?

Thanks
I've used the MoJack Hydraulic Mower Lift 550 which has a 550 lb capacity for lifting the front of the mower,not the total weight of the mower. It has a maximum lift height of 26 inches and works fine. It has three heights it can lift to in increments starting from 18.5 inches. If you need to lift the mower in smaller increments, go for a lift that uses a long screw to raise the mower, like a scissors jack for a car.With that type you can even use a drill to raise and lower the lift.I've used mine to get under the mower deck (a John Deere E130) and it works like a charm. Assembly was quicker than the time it took to get everything out of the box. Remember the adage, you get what you pay for.Shop around and find what will suit your needs. Check the distance between the wheels that you'll be lifting when you look at the specs for a mower lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts