Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just over 2 tanks of fuel, and that plastic transmission is leaking at the axle. I looked up the seal and it was $241 for a nonserviceable gearbox. A 3 season machine it seems. Just an fyi...

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I would suggest a trip to the friendly local dealer with a warranty card in hand, right after the threat of snow is past.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you recall smacking the unit's auger into something that didn't move and cracked the gearbox ?
The worst I've done is hit a rock the size of a baseball. Nothing appears to be cracked, just seeping out where the axle exits the transmission. I was mostly disappointed that they say it isn't serviceable.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I thought that I had watched a YouTube video on a disassembly of a plastic snowblower transmission. I haven't been able to relocate it yet.

Too bad that something like an oil seal is "non-replaceable."

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Bummer a relatively new transaxle is leaking. On the bright side you do have a 3 year Warrenty. Let us know how the repair gets handled by your dealer/toro.

For the sake of ease, I hope you bought it from a dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
270 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst I've done is hit a rock the size of a baseball. Nothing appears to be cracked, just seeping out where the axle exits the transmission. I was mostly disappointed that they say it isn't serviceable.
...and you don't think that had anything to do with it??? I'll bet your dealer will!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hitting a rock will certainly do damage to the high speed auger but would be surprised if it damaged the trans as its isolated from shock loads by a belt. But i suppose anythings possible.

Lets see a pic of your auger

Heres mine after a brief encounter with a hidden and frozen-in paver

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I just spotted the same issue on mine. Next to the left wheel is a spacer, and it has oil on it. It is not engine oil so must be from the transmission. None has appeared on the floor, but these issue do no fix themselves. The hardware is going to contact Toro, and Will wait for a replay. This is the second season for this unit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts