Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear forum,

Has anyone used the Snowstik tool for cleaning out their clogged chutes?

I'm thinking that it may work well.

QR

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't find a link to "Snowstik"

If you mean the little tool that comes with most of the new snowblowers, it works to clean the snow. But personally, I think the clips to hold it to the frame of the snowblower is a much better invention. The stick is handy, but being able to keep it close by without losing it is wonderful.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Snostik

Yes,

I like this one a little better that the tool you normally see with higher end machines. It is more that just a tiny plastic shovel, it has ridges that will pull out snow on the reverse stroke. Better yet it costs less and clamps to your snowblower's handle in some fashion.

I may buy one for myself and neighbor. (the guy who lent me his John Deere snowblower all these last few years)

QR

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sno-Stik

Guys,

So I bought 2 of these for my snowblower and that of my neighbor's. I used 1/4x20 screws and fasteners Locktite treated for staying power. The mounts are 2 minerallac 1/2'' or 3/4'' electrical EMT straps spaced to fit the tool. I removed the clamp screw and utilized it for a mounting screw which leaves the top open for access. These hangers are galvanized and won't corrode. Item # 1B, Conduit Hangers on Minerallac Any hardware sells the hangers for little expense.

I promise to get some photos of the mounting but for now imagine that it looks similar to the snowblowers that come equipped this way from the factory. I think that this tool has a better design, IMHO.

QuickRick

p.s. I forgot to add that one side sits higher due to the shape of the tool; here you simply add a 1/4 x20 rod coupling to "jack up" that side.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sno-Stik anti-clogging tool mounting and pix

Hello,

I finally mounted my Sno-Stik tool on both my and my neighbor's snowblower. I think that it stands out better on his John Deere than my Ariens because it is orange in color. Check out the mounting utilizing Minerallac straps, fender washers and 1/4x20 fasteners. I was lucky that I didn't need to drill any mounting holes as they were already there. Because the straps are made for 1/2'' electrical metallic tubing, they can withstand weather without rusting. You may disern the 1/4'' rod coupling that elevates the tool's handle if you look closely. This retrofit would work on virtually any brand of blower. I'm very pleased with the results!
I apologize for not moving the blower out of the shed and so the photos are a bit close up in the view.

QuickRick

p.s. here's the link to my gallery: Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - Quickrick's Album: New to me Ariens 8524DLE

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Pretty clever idea there. I like it.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Pretty clever idea there, I like it. I've got something similar on my little Honda, but the tool they put on it looks like a policeman's billy club, and really doesn't do any digging like the Sno-Stick could. Keep us posted on how it works, though I really hope you don't have any clogs you have to use it on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts