Snowblower Forum banner

So addictive, I need a meeting .....

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Oneacer 
#1 ·
Well, it panned out .... I picked up my freebie today, my first Toro ... a nice older 724, great condition, fired up on first pull .... just needs a wash and wax, and probably paint the rims ... :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice machine, looks like it will clean up great.
Always amazes me the quality of machines you can pick up for free.
Your lawn looks great as well, you are weeks ahead of us in my neck of the woods.

#6 ·
I'd like to have a drum Toro to try in a heavy snow. Anyone know how well they work on the EOD?

#9 ·
Nice find @Oneacer ! I like where you're going with the retaining "survivor" status! (y) (y)

I've had a few and never encountered an issue with the EOD...or any other snow for that matter! It does seem to spit out a little more snow to the left/port side than non drum machines so you need to leave maybe 2 or 3" of space there.

#14 ·
The only thing I might do is paint the tank red or swap it out with a red tank to make it original. After that a wash and a go over with fluid film, done, good to go. Beautiful machine. I had a 1979 Toro 724 5-6 years ago. Great machine.

#15 ·
Update..... So I took off the oversized tires which were probably from a newer machine, sold them on Marketplace for 45.00, then I bought correct size XTrac .... Cleaned, primed and painted the rims glossy black like the new machines ... Started cleaning it up, and got matching red spray for touch up ... I think I'll probably paint the handle bars gloss black as well .... I'm keeping it at least for the next season in my lineup, as I want to see how it runs ...I never owned a Toro ... I still have to put on poly roller skids, and adjust, maybe replace the spring loaded cutting bar, and probably take off the chute and give that a gloss black paint job also, to match the rims, handle bars and gas tank ...... 😊😃

#16 ·
A better picture, the others were from a mobile device.... Yeah, I think a new gloss black finish on the chute and the handle bars would compliment the rims and gas tank and the shinny red body, after I touch that up and wax it ... definitely probably a keeper long term in my line-up if it performs well .... :)

#18 ·
I decided to take off the chute and handle bars and paint them gloss black as well ... I also decided to keep this for at least one season to see how it performs...

Right now I'm in the process of restoring my Ryan Aerator.

I am retired, and still no time, and now I have a friend who owns a tree company who wants me to drive for him part time, because I have the class A. I am busier now than when I worked ... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.