Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to the seller this was supposed to be a well maintained good machine that always started using the pull start.
Well...it didnt today....
Both plastic engine/fuel tank covers were cracked and the machine looks like its been neglected all its life.

At least the seller was cool though. He told me in a sms that he couldnt start it and i could have it for free if i wanted it, ofcourse i did.

Will give it a good power wash and take some picture of it. Its a 2-stroker and we all know how they look after running and not being washed for years, its oil all over it and it looks really bad.

Do any of you guys where i can get hold of those plastic covers?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just power washed it and its still sitting on the trailer.

Reactions: Ziggy65 and Grunt

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it were me, and the cracks were not too bad, I would just epoxy the plastic where it is cracked, if possible. You may also be able to reinforce the area with a washer if it is cracked near a screw hole. That is what I did for the rear cover on my CCR3650. It was cracked and a new one was not available.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Reactions: Mossing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, it looks a lot better now that ive power washed it and the cracks arent that bad.
Mounting the two covers together with horisontal screws will do the trick. I didnt see the holes before i washed it as it was covered in oil and dirt.

Thanks goes out to both of you.

Reactions: Grunt

·
Registered
93 Posts
No problem. Good luck with the cleaning / repairs. I hope the machine will give you years of good service.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its only a matter of spark and good fuel in a clean carb. I will get it running and sell it when winter comes. (y)

Reactions: paulm12

·
Registered
524 Posts
is thaat a galvanized nail? it will eventually rust, you should swap in a stainless one. maybe the dealer has one!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, its a nail. I guess the previous owner lost the hairpin and this was the best he had. At least he was sollution oriented.
It will be replaced. (y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can any of you guys give med the size spec for these parts?
# 106-9169
# 106-9174

Its the vertical screws holding the plastic covers together.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks.
I googled it as well and found the pics but i couldnt figure out the size.
So, what you say that its a metric 10 millimeter bolt with a 24 centimeter length?

Did i understand you right?

Edit: No it cant be. I simply didnt understand the 10-24 term.
4" is about 24 centimeters though.
Googled it and found the answer. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont really know as we usually use metric screws here.

Ofcourse i can order them from a Toro seller for i guess $50 or so.
Ill have to look around a little bit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just called an US car dealer who has thair own work shop as well and asked if they had any bolts like that. I suggested that an airfilter bolt to a muscle car probably would fit if they were at least 4" long, if longer i can just cut it down.
They had 1. Picking it up later today and i will see if i can use it.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Why not just re-tap the necessary screw holes to a metric equivalent ( 4mm-5mm) since they are just cover fasteners??

Reactions: Mossing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You sir, are a genious. Why didnt i think of that myself?!?

Feeling embarrased now.... :whistle:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts