Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well.. i was semi-hoping to get to keep my very first blower, the ol 1984 Columbia larg framed beast is gone now.. to someone who was looking for a large framed columbia, because its what his dad used to have back in the day... soo at least im glad itl see action again.. just... i dunno.. its what kept our drive cleared when we had our first born... all ( at the time ) 1200ft of it... amidst that one freak storm that dumped 18inches too... it chugged thru.. it was ME who needed breaks now and then... but after 18 hours behind the bars.. our drive was clear again... 1200ft long.. 25ft wide... around the house.. plus 6 car parking... it barely complained.. when it did.. its cuz i was too hard on it.. shifting between fwd and rvs wishout letting it come to a stop... heading into drifts too fast... it did require parts... carb(i hate cleaning those), right side axle shaft.. shear bolts... my son will be turning 6 this april... it did very well for a blower i baught used for 350... over that time it heled me clear 3 drives.. 3 diferent houses we rented.. including where we are now... oh i couldda kept it aliv myself... but what if parts become impossible to find if-when i break something else... i NEED the drive cleared.. and hate asking someone else to do it so i baught new.. i dont regret my choice at all, i even think my present blower is all the beast the old one was and a little more.. just thaught id share

·
Registered
268 Posts
I know what you mean,I sold my 8526 Ariens last year,she never let me down,but she was rusting pretty bad.the guy who bought it,came looked at it,and gave me what I was asking,which was a couple hundred bucks more than I paid for it.but now I got a new one and I'm just as happy with this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts