Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
I've seen quite a few of those old snowblowers. I know of one that's been for sale for a couple years now. it's in really good shape and asking price is $100.00. No takers.
That old mower looks pretty cool. I'd kind of like to get my hands on it.
Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yesterday I heard from a fellow with a a new in the box Berbro 360 snow blower from `1963-64. If anyone is interested in giving this a good home let me know and I'll try to play matchmaker.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
I've seen quite a few of those old snowblowers. I know of one that's been for sale for a couple years now. it's in really good shape and asking price is $100.00.
I doubt those old Craftsmans are worth any more than $25..maybe $50 tops if its in really good shape and everything works. there is virtually no demand for them..except from the very very few snowblower "collectors" who might want one just for the novelty.. and there is about one of those guys for every 5,000 regular craigslist snowblower shoppers..

Scot

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
I doubt those old Craftsmans are worth any more than $25..maybe $50 tops if its in really good shape and everything works. there is virtually no demand for them..except from the very very few snowblower "collectors" who might want one just for the novelty.. and there is about one of those guys for every 5,000 regular craigslist snowblower shoppers..

Scot
I agree, Scot. I could have bought that blower I saw, several times. It's only a novelty'as you say. By the way, I just did pull in the driveway with a gen-u-wine J.D. 1032 that my wife found with a FREE sign attached. It's still on the truck but I will get it off just as soon as I finish a more pressing task. It's the real deal, NOT a TRS model. Pics to follow.

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Hey Scot. Here's the blower I snagged. Nothing seems to be wrong but that pesky carb needle must be plugged. It'll start on carb cleaner bjt it has pretty old gasonine in it so I'm betting the holes in the needle are plugged. It appears to have seen very light use. The guy had a small, paved driveway. No play a'tall in anything. Augers are free on their shafts. Scraper bar and impellers not torn up any. Pretty cherry for its age I'd say.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Well, I drained all the old gasoline from the tank and replaced the two short fuel lines. Took the bottm screw out and checked the bowl. Bowl was clean as a whistle and the screw needed cleaning. I never even separated it from the nut, just sprayed it with carb clean and compressed air. Float needle seemed to be momentarily stuck but started working fine with fresh gas running on it. Anyway, long story short it starts right up and all functions operate; auger, impeller, forward and reverse operate as they're supposed to. This beast is WAY TOO BIG for my driveway. I'm going to check the belts, change oil and grease the bearings etc. Then she goes on craigslist. How much should I ask?

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
100% profit then when you sell it.

Ask $400 and see what you can get!
Heck. I'm aimimg high. Going to start at $650. I have cleaned it up and it looks fantastic. Went outthis morning and primed/choked it and it atarted 1st pull. Electric starter works fine as well. All functions woek fine and only belts and disc will need checked. As you say, though. Whatever. It'll be clear profit..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why not. The name of the game says that any bidder will low ball you anyways.

Sometimes you get great Craigslisters who know how to be fair and equal, and other times you get ass hats who think they can tell you the price and tell you that there won't be any negotiation. Sorry for them, they aren't holding the goods! I experience it all with Craigslist. Except robbery or gunshot/knifing. Those haven't happened to me. (yet?)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts