Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I have an appointment to look at it, it's 4 miles from me.

BUT, looking at the pictures, look at the auger housing, no scratches! Why? Hard to believe in this condition?

How much is this worth?

I know what to look at in a snowblower

BUT

Are parts available? At what cost? And when this breaks down, am I screwed?and

Will this do anything? Better than anything else?

Will it always do the EOD no matter how hard?

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
There are some wear marks in the auger housing, especially on the side of the housing (bottom right of photo). Appears it might be from auger rake rubbing on side of housing maybe housing is slightly bent in or auger is not sitting squarely in the bucket housing? Impeller area looks to have paint wore off, blower has seen some use, which isn't a bad thing as long as it starts, runs and functions well. The paint, tracks,hardware, gear box and auger appear to be in like knew condition.
Very odd, please let us know what you find when you take a look at it.

I'm not that familiar with Yamaha's, but they have the reputation of one of the best blowers made (at minimum on par with Honda). Parts could be expensive and hard to find in the USA. In Canada that unit would probably sell for around $1500 this time of year ($2000 + during a winter with snow) in good working condition.

Asking $750 for auger assembly and housing

Asking $1500.00 each for 2 Yamahas

Check it over well, could be a great deal or could be a case of " if price is too good to be true it probably is".

·
Retired Moderator
9,915 Posts
How much is this worth?

I know what to look at in a snowblower

BUT

Are parts available? At what cost? And when this breaks down, am I screwed?and

Will this do anything? Better than anything else?

Will it always do the EOD no matter how hard?

You should post these questions in the Yamaha section to get one of those guys opinions. I don't know Yamaha but it seems from everything I've come across they are on a level with Honda. I'd buy it.
$450 seems like a deal but considering the economic climate he might be needing the cash leaving you room to negotiate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts