Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 yo used snotek - last year problem starting - added gas stab and seaform - worked ok but only used 1 time - no snow.
this year when i turn the choke to run it sputters - turn it back and its runs ok for about 30 minutes and then dies out - pulled the plug - very sooty (carbon?).
purchased new plug - same problem - fouled plug after about 30 minutes.
any thoughts?
thanks

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
2 yo used snotek - last year problem starting - added gas stab and seaform - worked ok but only used 1 time - no snow.
this year when i turn the choke to run it sputters - turn it back and its runs ok for about 30 minutes and then dies out - pulled the plug - very sooty (carbon?).
purchased new plug - same problem - fouled plug after about 30 minutes.
any thoughts?
thanks
Are you saying you are running with some choke all the time?
If so that would explain the sooty plug but we'll wait for your response.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i turn the choke to the run position -counterclockwise it sputters and seems like it will stall.
if i turn it clockwise - it runs smoother, but i dont think i should run it in that position

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
when i turn the choke to the run position -counterclockwise it sputters and seems like it will stall.
if i turn it clockwise - it runs smoother, but i dont think i should run it in that position
It would indicate that your carb needs cleaning, any chance gas was left over from previous year? If so at season's end you should remove all gas and let the engine run dry.

·
Registered
657 Posts
It would indicate that your carb needs cleaning, any chance gas was left over from previous year? If so at season's end you should remove all gas and let the engine run dry.
+1 on what Normex said. Everything he said is true.

Your main jet and emulsion tube orifices most likely mucked up. Most likely just dirty,gunk from old gas. You should be able to run in run position, not partial choke if you were to get that carb cleaned up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts