Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a bigger 2nd snow blower (with a Briggs Stratton engine) earlier this year with a missing key. Purchased one on EBay. The Briggs Stratton keys have no slots to tie a string so losing the key in a snow bank is possible during operation.

Figured I needed a spare. Luckily found 2 spare keys from a different vendor shortly afterward (2 for 1 special).

Have to figure out where to hang one spare on the blower w/o losing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
A popsicle stick would have done the same thing for less! ;>P Or you could just bypass that and shut it down using the throttle - but that is a handy safety feature in the event you can get it to shut down for some reason I guess. Never use them that way...... tying a string to it sure makes good sense though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Have to figure out where to hang one spare on the blower w/o losing it.
Since it's Christmas season, look for a waterproof plastic electrical connector box. They're used to cover the connections when plugging lights into a non-waterproof (indoor) extension cord. I think it would clamp onto one of your cables on the blower.

I think I saw a display box of them as an endcap display at either Lowes or Home Depot.

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
I can't say I've taken a B&S unit apart, but I have a Tecumseh unit. They're nothing more than a simple on-off switch that either opens or closes the switch depending on key or switch setting. Worst case, just replace it with a toggle switch if the initial switch checks out as being that configuration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts