Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys that don't have hand warmers for an option, what are using to keep the hands warm? The last couple pair I've bought haven't been good enough. I tried a pair of mittens and while they did work my hands sweat to much, so once you take them off there's no putting them back on.

I don't mind spending a little if they're quality.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
a good pair of snowmobile type mitts with thin cheapo gloves inside works well for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My hands get cold very easily. I wore giant snowmobile mittens and on really cold days I used to put light finger gloves inside the mittens. I got tired of that and installed warmers. Now I just wear light leather finger gloves and have to turn the warmers off after a few minutes, then back on as needed.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Alpaca gloves unless it's really cold and then I break out the motorcycle gloves with heated fingers.
The battery lasts approx 4 hours and I rarely blow snow when it's that cold.

The alpaca gloves, hat, and socks keep my extremities nice and warm.

·
Registered
407 Posts
For you guys that don't have hand warmers for an option, what are using to keep the hands warm? The last couple pair I've bought haven't been good enough. I tried a pair of mittens and while they did work my hands sweat to much, so once you take them off there's no putting them back on.

I don't mind spending a little if they're quality.
I believe I asked this same question here, last year.Brother,when you find the right gloves,let me know.I'm just barely into my fifties and already having circulation issues-so my hands get cold very easily.I'll wear mittens when I have to,but they suck for shoveling,IMO.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I get mine from harbor freight they're the blue insulated ones. They used to be called something else, but now they're called Handy I think.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I think some light cotton gloves inside the mittens is the answer. I have some of the black jersey gloves but they are to bulky. I'll have to find something that fits tight and thin but still soak up the sweat. I need to work the key pad on my garage which is hard to do with any glove on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts