Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Reactions: POWERSHIFT93

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0048EY6KY/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1505938011&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=permethrin&dpPl=1&dpID=41XO4IbOymL&ref=plSrch
I've been using permethin 36.8 percent from Amazon. Got the tip from an exterminator and this bottle goes a long way. It is concentrated so water must be added. About 2 oz per gallon depending on application. Pretty safe and extremely effective. I use it on my property for mosquitoes. It also did great preserving some of my trees from the gypsy moth caterpillar invasion in my region. Works great on spiders termites and many more bugs. Some big brand sprays use this ingredient already diluted at %2.5 into a gallon for the same to more money. This bottle make about 16 gallons give or take on your application strength.

·
Registered
439 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0048EY6KY/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1505938011&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=permethrin&dpPl=1&dpID=41XO4IbOymL&ref=plSrch
I've been using permethin 36.8 percent from Amazon. Got the tip from an exterminator and this bottle goes a long way. It is concentrated so water must be added. About 2 oz per gallon depending on application. Pretty safe and extremely effective. I use it on my property for mosquitoes. It also did great preserving some of my trees from the gypsy moth caterpillar invasion in my region. Works great on spiders termites and many more bugs. Some big brand sprays use this ingredient already diluted at %2.5 into a gallon for the same to more money. This bottle make about 16 gallons give or take on your application strength.
Be careful if you have cats. Permethrin is HIGHLY TOXIC for cats.

·
Registered
842 Posts
i'd rather have spiders then these stinking mice that get in mine. at least spiders don't get under the engine covers of my vintage early cadets making nests,

·
Super Moderator
3,858 Posts
The wife and I keep small glass jars with lids a few places around the house:

whenever we find a spider in the house, it is captured in the jar, slide in a sheet of paper between the wall/table/etc to capture it in the jar, add the top..carry it outside and release.

Spiders are good, they are friends..If not for spiders and bats, we would be knee-deep in bugs. IMO, you should not kill spiders if you can avoid it.

We do this with most other bugs too..most are indoors by mistake and dont want to be there.

The exception is ants in the house. They die. They could be carpenter ants trying to gain a foothold in the house's wood foundation. When we find them in the house, the Terro ant poison liquid comes out:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.lehmans.com/images/large/68TAK.jpg

I always put it inside cupboards or drawers where the cats cant get to it. It always works..If the ants find it and drink it up, they carry it back to the colony and feed it to other ants, and the queen..it kills the colony. no more ants are seen after a day or two.

Scot

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
:wink2:

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wife and I keep small glass jars with lids a few places around the house:

whenever we find a spider in the house, it is captured in the jar, slide in a sheet of paper between the wall/table/etc to capture it in the jar, add the top..carry it outside and release.

Spiders are good, they are friends..If not for spiders and bats, we would be knee-deep in bugs. IMO, you should not kill spiders if you can avoid it.

We do this with most other bugs too..most are indoors by mistake and dont want to be there.

The exception is ants in the house. They die. They could be carpenter ants trying to gain a foothold in the house's wood foundation. When we find them in the house, the Terro ant poison liquid comes out:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.lehmans.com/images/large/68TAK.jpg

I always put it inside cupboards or drawers where the cats cant get to it. It always works..If the ants find it and drink it up, they carry it back to the colony and feed it to other ants, and the queen..it kills the colony. no more ants are seen after a day or two.

Scot
Bats give me the Googly mooglys. plus they carry the rabies virus.

·
Super Moderator
3,858 Posts
Bats give me the Googly mooglys. plus they carry the rabies virus.
yeah, but thats pretty irrelevant.
so do cats, dogs, mice, rabbits, possums, racoons, deer, cows, squirrels, humans, etc etc.
using the "bats carry rabies" card to persecute bats is not a legitimate reason.
people dont like them because they fly and can be creepy! ;) thats fine..
but we should also, like spiders, encourage and preserve bats. they eat a TON of bugs, including millions of everyones least favorite outdoor summer bug: mosquitos. Bats are also our friends.

Scot

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, but thats pretty irrelevant.
so do cats, dogs, mice, rabbits, possums, racoons, deer, cows, squirrels, humans, etc etc.
using the "bats carry rabies" card to persecute bats is not a legitimate reason.
people dont like them because they fly and can be creepy! ;) thats fine..
but we should also, like spiders, encourage and preserve bats. they eat a TON of bugs, including millions of everyones least favorite outdoor summer bug: mosquitos. Bats are also our friends.

Scot
Squirrels are immune to the rabies virus.

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spent around 5000 bucks to remodel the garage. and I REALLY don't want to walk through cobwebs all the time!!!!!!!!!

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
I love bats. Out here in the country they can have all the insects they want and I know there are plenty for them. When is the last time anyone actually had someone bitten by a bat ?? Their radar is so good they can pick a mosquito off your arm and all you'd hear is the whoosh.

In my area it was especially bad for Japanese Beetles. I try not to use chemicals but they decimated the leaves on my grapes and fruit trees so badly that next year I want to be ready. Any suggestions on a liquid to use in a sprayer ??

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love bats. Out here in the country they can have all the insects they want and I know there are plenty for them. When is the last time anyone actually had someone bitten by a bat ?? Their radar is so good they can pick a mosquito off your arm and all you'd hear is the whoosh.

In my area it was especially bad for Japanese Beetles. I try not to use chemicals but they decimated the leaves on my grapes and fruit trees so badly that next year I want to be ready. Any suggestions on a liquid to use in a sprayer ??
Check oot jung seed I think they have some stuff for that app. besides those beetles are BAD!!!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMKAY.:emoticon-south-park

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You answered your own question.
Can you get/make a shovel with a 10 foot handle. because there is no way on this earth I am touching those BLOODY THINGS. and trust me I have handled stuff that would even send the angels above and the devil himself running for cover. :smiley-shocked033:

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since no 1 had any ideas on those electronic pest things. looks like I am going to have to go the chemical route. and use the permethrin stuff to unleash a chemical nightmare to the likes no one has ever seen before on those things. because IF IT SHOULD DARE TO STAND BEFORE ME, IT WILL FALL BEFORE ME!!!!!!!!! and in the end they all will REST IN PEACE!!!!!!! and that is all the more I am saying on THIS 1.:smiley-shocked033::smiley-shocked033::smiley-shocked033::smiley-shocked033:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts