Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
3,865 Posts
Ok...one more BIG update! :D
(this will probably be the last update for quite some time! ;)

Things that are new:

Another 1960 machine featured on page 4.

Two more 10,000 series machines on page 5.

A new 22,000 series machine on page 6.

A new 924000 series machine on page 7.

Page 9 is all-new, that is the "modern" page.

Page 10, the engine swap page, has FIVE new engine swap stories!
and updated engine information.

Page 11 is seriously revamped and upgraded..
It is now the Q&A page, combining info from old pages 3 and 11 into one new page.
LOTS of new info on the Cub Cadet and John Deere machines built by Ariens,
and some other new tidbits as well..

And page 12 has a cool new 1966 "facts manual" added..

http://gold.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/ariens

thanks to everyone for all the great input! :D:D:D

Scot

·
Retired Moderator
3,865 Posts
Hey everyone,
im working on updating the webpage with the newest 2012 model year info, and I have more data for previous years to add as well..

I am now only missing data for ONE model year! :D
Im only missing the 2007 model year! For machines introduced in the Autumn of 2006. Winter of 2006-2007.

The 2007 model year brochure will probably say "copyright 2006" on the back cover, and possibly 2006 or '06 on the front..

If anyone has this Ariens brochure/catalog, I would love to get the model numbers from it!

thanks,
Scot

·
Retired Moderator
3,865 Posts
Updated for 2012:

The Ariens 1960's and 1970's Sno-Thro info site.

As always, comments/corrections/additions are welcome.

I now have all the model numbers *except* for the 2007 model year..
(machines that came out in the Autumn of 2006..brochure will probably say 2006 on the front, and copyright 2006 on the back cover)
If anyone has that brochure, I would love to get the model numbers from it! :D
thanks,
Scot

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
As all way's great reading Scot, Thanks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Auger change in 1969 or 1970?

Quick question. Did Ariens make the change from v-shaped auger bars in 1969 or 1970. I was going through your site and I can see that all 10,000 series models 1968 and prior have v-shaped bars mounted in reverse directions but all 10,000 series models 1970 and above have a different shaped bar mounted in a different direction. I didn't see a picture of a 1969 on page 5 so I am curious as to when they made the change?

·
Retired Moderator
3,865 Posts
Quick question. Did Ariens make the change from v-shaped auger bars in 1969 or 1970. I was going through your site and I can see that all 10,000 series models 1968 and prior have v-shaped bars mounted in reverse directions but all 10,000 series models 1970 and above have a different shaped bar mounted in a different direction. I didn't see a picture of a 1969 on page 5 so I am curious as to when they made the change?
Good question!
and I dont know the answer..but its almost certaintly 1969, because:

Ariens used the same 24" scoop model in 1965, 66, 67, and '68.
The model 7-10M scoop attachment:

http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/SSA-65.pdf 1965 model 7-10M sno-thro attachment. (68001-87600)
http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/SSA-66.pdf 1966 model 7-10M sno-thro attachment. (87601-114900)
http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/SSA-67.pdf 1967-1968 model 7-10M sno-thro attachment. (114901 and up)

We last see the 7-10M in 1968..
then im lacking data specifically for 1969..No one has ever sent me photos of a 1969 machine! ;)
But then yolu noticed in 1970 the pattern is slightly different..

So since we know the 7-10M scoop was last used in 1968, we can quite reasonably deduce that the new version started in 1969..
Not proven yet! ;) but IMO its 90% certain..

Scot

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Great as always Scot!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Scotsman:

I had been shopping for a snowblower a couple weeks ago due to all the snow storms we have had in northern NJ this year. Thanks to finding this forum and your web site, I decided to buy an Ariens. Your web site really made the difference! I ordered an Ariens Hydro Pro Track 32 (#926415). It should arrive in about 3 weeks. I may not have my Ariens before this season is over, but I will be ready for future years.

Another reason why I bought an Ariens is their longevity. I have friends who have owned their Ariens for over 15 years and still going strong (they live in CT). I used to live in CT and everyone I know who has a 2-stage snowblower owns an Ariens.

Thanks for your web site! I look forward to reading your updates!

·
Retired Moderator
3,865 Posts
Scotsman:

I had been shopping for a snowblower a couple weeks ago due to all the snow storms we have had in northern NJ this year. Thanks to finding this forum and your web site, I decided to buy an Ariens. Your web site really made the difference! I ordered an Ariens Hydro Pro Track 32 (#926415). It should arrive in about 3 weeks. I may not have my Ariens before this season is over, but I will be ready for future years.

Another reason why I bought an Ariens is their longevity. I have friends who have owned their Ariens for over 15 years and still going strong (they live in CT). I used to live in CT and everyone I know who has a 2-stage snowblower owns an Ariens.

Thanks for your web site! I look forward to reading your updates!
Thanks Vailen! :)
glad you have enjoyed the page! :)
Im always happy to hear when people find it useful..
Scot

·
Registered
43 Posts
Scot,
I was reading your history of Ariens Snow Throwers and I think I have figured out that mine is a 1980 model year. I bought it used from a friend who had bought it new for his parents. It is Model 924050 Ser. 020608. You have pictures of Brandon R.'s 1980 with Ser. # 020654, so am I to conclude that mine was made 46 units before his?
Not important, but if you find the time to confirm this, I'd appreciate it.
Roar

·
Registered
646 Posts
WOW !!! A lot of work went ( and is going ) into that link :eek::cool::cool::cool:
Found out that the blower I buried in the storage trailer because it didn't run well and eventually stopped running is a '73 :cool:
Maybe next spring I'll try and drag it out and take a good look at what all is wrong with it

In your page I see that there may be a discrepancy regarding the tractor model # 910006 as to 8 hp or 6 hp. This one has a 6 hp. motor but I can't verify if the motor is original. On the motor I did not find a model or serial number , even on the tag you showed in one of your pics :(.
The tractor and blower model and serial numbers match the '73 range though :cool:

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I really appreciate all the work and time you put into the sites, Scot. You do it the way I would if I had the talent to do it.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts