Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading the new page on your Ariens web site when I came across your wish list. Figured I better show you this. It is my Wheel Horse 654. The drive belt cover that says 653 is not the original cover because I didn’t want to cut down the original (I still have it unchanged) to accommodate the new engine.

The new engine is one of those 6.5 HP Harbor Freight Honda copy Chinese engines. The original Tecumseh (I do have it) still ran but was a little tired. Had to change the engine position from the original location to get the new engine under the hood. That is why I needed a shorted drive belt cover.

Tractor is a bunch of fun to drive around and the Chinese engine runs great. If I ever want to sell something by the street I put it on my trailer and tow it out with the Wheel Horse. The little tractor gets a lot of attention.

Here are a few photos…

With new engine….

With Tecumseh engine…

·
Registered
200 Posts
Now that is real nice work you did, I bet that is a blast to drive and with a honda engine it must per like a kitten.
You did post it on MyTractorForum ?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple of corrections needed. I did not do the painting on the tractor. When I bought it I put new front tires on it and re-powered it with a Harbor Freight engine.

The engine is a COPY of a popular Honda small engine design. It is made by a Chinese company.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
Wow, that is sweet! :D
thanks for sharing the photos!

I cant decide if I want to look for a classic Wheel Horse "round hood" like that, or an early Cub Cadet!
(maybe someday I can have both! ;) but not right now..)
for now, I only have space and $$ for only one hobby tractor..
I think I will look around for both..and if a good opportunity comes along for either, that is what I will go with..

Scot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts