Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, we just bought the above 11hp snowblower which is hard to start and keep running. It starts and runs with starting fluid. I want to buy a new carb for it but cant find one online using these numbers. Could someone please enlighten me

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Did you try by using engine number instead of blower number? Briggs?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
That’s the Tecumseh OHV engine isn’t it, need to search for one for a 11.5hp myself, is going to be a summer project

OK did a search on your blower and you have the B&S engine, As said try doing a search on the engine to see what you can find.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
before replacing the carb have you at least popped the float bowl off and try to clean the main jet and making sure the float/needle are moving nicely?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I found 252416 model Briggs and Stratton engine. I found multiple cheap carbs on ebay. I'm going to look for one that might last and not made in China. Any ideas where I could find a decent carburetor?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt open the bowl. Last time I opened a carb it never worked right after. I'll search google for a tutorial on carb mechanics and how they work.

The guy that sold it to us came over and fiddle with it said he had the carb cleaned.

It's pretty finicky right now. If we get it going we can snowblow about a 12 inch path at a time. 7 inch depth of heavy snow but no slush. If we go for more it will bog down or outright stall. Also my son says that it will stall if the gas tank is less than 3/4 full.?? It will stall and not start again until he refills the tank. Then it starts on 2nd pull. Any wisdom would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
what about the one that is one your machine? there is lots of video's on youtube showing you how to clean the carb and most likely get it running/starting good again. you take a gamble with chinese or briggs stuff. the chinese may or may not work right but you are most likely going to have the same issue with a briggs carb a couple years down the road if you don't have access to ethanol free fuel or store the machine properly. minus well at least mess with the carb that is on the machine first. worst case scenario you break it and replace it anyways

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just found a couple good videos on you tube and feel like I should be able to give it a decent attempt at cleaning my current carb. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
no problem. it usually only requires a 10mm socket and a twist tie or old copper telephone wire to do the job. plus no point spending money on a new carb if there is a chance you may have to do this every couple years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts