Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a Husqvarna ST224 snowblower. I would like to know if anyone knows the drain oil port size? I would like to add a drainer hose on it because I am having a hard time holding the wrench so close to the motor. This will give me a bit of a leeway.

Thank you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi,
I have a Husqvarna ST224 snowblower. I would like to know if anyone knows the drain oil port size? I would like to add a drainer hose on it because I am having a hard time holding the wrench so close to the motor. This will give me a bit of a leeway.

Thank you.
I think it's 10mm X 1.25. I wouldn't swear to it, though.

There's a slightly flattened section of the drain pipe nearer to the cap that you should be able to get a wrench on and hold to get the cap off, by the way. At least on mine there is.

Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was able to get the cap off, but it took me a half hour, as I just can’t hold it very tight like a man can. I still want to get the drainzit though. I have one on my riding lawn mower and it is awesome. I called Husqvarna, and they sent me to a parts co, that wanted to sell me the drain piece I already have, but would not tell me what the port or thread size is.

Lynn

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks. I was able to get the cap off, but it took me a half hour, as I just can’t hold it very tight like a man can. I still want to get the drainzit though. I have one on my riding lawn mower and it is awesome. I called Husqvarna, and they sent me to a parts co, that wanted to sell me the drain piece I already have, but would not tell me what the port or thread size is.

Lynn
I'd just bring the drain pipe to your favorite hardware store and measure it. They all have thread gauges, or you can just gently try fitting different nuts to it.

I'd start with M10 x 1.25 because I think that's what it is. But I could be wrong. It's happened.

Richard

EDIT: I'm talking about the actual oil drain port size on the engine. Most imported engines, in my experience, use either M10 x 1.25 or M12 x 1.5. If you want to know the thread size on the cap end of the drain pipe, that could be different because it's a Husqvarna part, not an LCT part.

Either way, measuring it is the sure-fire way to know before you possibly lay out money on the wrong part. You may also find a less-expensive solution at a hardware store, such as a petcock and a foot of plastic tubing.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
It would be very helpful if you gave the numbers off the engine itself to ID it so someone might look it up for you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It would be very helpful if you gave the numbers off the engine itself to ID it so someone might look it up for you.

I think all the ST224s use the LCT 208 engine. A not-very-exhaustive search didn't reveal the size of the port; but I have that model and it looks like the port is 10mm. If I hadn't just changed the oil, I'd just pull it again and check.

Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts