Snowblower Forum banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Savage how much snow do you have in you area? Heard you got a ton a few weeks ago, I had 23 in till a week ago now about 18.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Savage how much snow do you have in you area? Heard you got a ton a few weeks ago, I had 23 in till a week ago now about 18.
We have more at home then we ever have had before. It's been awesome.
Put alot of hours on the machine this season already.
I have some pics from a few weeks ago. Mind you it's snowed quite a bit since then. But the last couple days it's been above 0c so it's starting to melt a bit now.
Up at work has been insane

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Looks like you and the Deere grader had fun at work and also at home you were busy,

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
How is your guys big new blower working for you guys. a few years ago I was up at the pine pass and they had just called it a day so did not see it working.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #165 (Edited by Moderator)
Well it's been an AWESOME season for snow this year. Definitely way above average.
In the last week it's been warm and alot has melted (which I don't mind)
330 still runs like a champ. Still happy with it. Just an oil change a year, white lithium on all pivot points, both axles and motorcycle lube inside the cables.
Actually the only very small issue is 2 of the 8 led diodes flicker sometimes and go Dim. Not sure why and haven't looked into it further (summer job).
Anyways my driveway yesterday was basically bare, kids were even riding their bikes on it. Basically was going to put the blower away until next year. Woke up this morning to a foot of wet snow lol
So fire it up, come outa the shop like usual and the kids "forgot" to move their sled. Husky chewed it like nobody's business, took me a second to figure out what was going on up front lol
Was wedged in there pretty good, was going to cut it out, but just spun the impeller backwards and the auger let it come free. Luckily it didn't get sucked right on in
Anyway, here's some pics.
Edit... Just looked at my security cam of the sled getting sucked in.. Funny!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
How is your guys big new blower working for you guys. a few years ago I was up at the pine pass and they had just called it a day so did not see it working.
It's always broken, doesn't like eating the tire chains all the drivers spin off trying to climb up to the summit.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It's always broken, doesn't like eating the tire chains all the drivers spin off trying to climb up to the summit.

From what I see at the A & W a lot of trucker there chains look like rags hanging there. Light weight and broken cross chain, in late spring on our mine hill there must be 400 lbs of chain in the ditch. In the last 30 minutes we got 2 in of snow and wind is got tour flag blowing straight and snapping . A March Blizzard for sure El Toro is ready.

161 - 167 of 167 Posts