Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great video. A lot of the points that this guy makes are not apparent in the literature from Cub Cadet.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
see that's one reason why I like older snowblowers pretty much they were all heavy duty

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog and GAR

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The heavy duty is worth the extra dough, this is a good and informative video. MTD seems to offer a pretty good bang for your buck, however I don't think their Powermore engines are as durable as LCT's offerings. Ariens also uses a heavier gauge steel on the auger housing side panels of their Pro Series machines along with a boron steel shave plate.

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
That's the thing about Craftsman more than any other is identifying who actually built the critter in trying to determine the quality.
I have a long list of manufacturers that are designated by the first three digits of the Sears model number. The "xxx". xxxxxxx

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
NO, not all by any means. I had a Craftsman back in the 80's that had sides so thin I wondered how it held together. Got rid of it after one year
that's why I didn't say all snowblowers from back in the day are heavy duty. my craftsman was about a 2003 and like yours wasn't heavy duty so I'll stick to my statement of pretty much all were heavy duty

·
Registered
87 Posts
i love the "heavy duty" claim. pure bs.
I wouldn't say it's bs . The Cub Cadet HD is heavier duty than many models out there. Then again , strength can't always be determined simply by the thickness of the metal. That being said , I haven't measured the thickness of the metal nor researched the strength of the metals used on the various models have you ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts