Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to start a new project ,I have a 924 series 32" frame,I need suggestions on a new motor.
Would like to go newer than the regular 8 or 10 hp Tecumseh.
Are any of the newer motors cleaner burning as I'm sick of the exhaust smell on my clothes after using an old Tecumseh.
Other than that, I'm looking for 10 hp so it can go thru any slush at the end of the driveway.

I'm hoping your suggested engine will bolt up easily.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
None of them are clean burning. A few weeks back one of the fine members here had a link to a company that manufactures catalytic converters for small engines.

You could use a standard gas engine with an air filter and a catalytic converter/muffler and if you go with a gas one it may cost you less.

The catalytic converter will convert the exhaust fumes to carbon dioxide and water vapor as long as you keep the engine RPMs up to keep the catalytic converters substrate(honeycomb filter media)hot to chemically convert the exhaust gas to carbon dioxide and water vapor.

You might want to consider a Hatz Air Cooled Diesel for your snow blower as an option, power and then some.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Any of the new OHV engines will be cleaner burning than the old design Tecumseh. The new engines have some smell, but nowhere near the reek of an old Tec.

Check out the engines available locally. Or, stop at a Harbor Freight if you're in the US soon. They have 8 and 13 hp engines there that get decent reviews.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
None of them are clean burning. A few weeks back one of the fine members here had a link to a company that manufactures catalytic converters for small engines.

You could use a standard gas engine with an air filter and a catalytic converter/muffler and if you go with a gas one it may cost you less.

The catalytic converter will convert the exhaust fumes to carbon dioxide and water vapor as long as you keep the engine RPMs up to keep the catalytic converters substrate(honeycomb filter media)hot to chemically convert the exhaust gas to carbon dioxide and water vapor.

You might want to consider a Hatz Air Cooled Diesel for your snow blower as an option, power and then some.
think you mean this one leon
https://www.nettinc.com/products/3-way-catalytic-converters/bluecat-small-spark-ignited-engines-emission-control-solution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts