Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
So, some models of the HS1332 came with steering capability ? I thought that was only on the HSS models.
You are correct; only the newer (> 2015) HSS models have steering control levers, which individually release drive power to left or right side (track/wheel).

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You are correct; only the newer (> 2015) HSS models have steering control levers, which individually release drive power to left or right side (track/wheel).
Steering Control and Auger Height Control, two of the best features added to a great snow blower for us Yanks, thanks!

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am also looking for illustrated instruction on replacing this lever. I purchased the assembly but can't figure out how to remove and replace. Thanks for any help here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I found what I needed in the Service Manual. There are links here in this forum on where those can be obtained. One thing I learned....take plenty of time when installing to adjust the turning brake.

·
Premium GOT Member
9,949 Posts
Another case where the Honda engineers make something where you need a "special" tool for a simple job. It may be possible to use a small screwdriver to push in tabs to release the end part that goes into main body of lever.

But like I mentioned in a previous post this may not be necessary if you only need to replace the lever only. Just remove the remnants of the broken lever and just plug in new lever after releasing the cable tension so you can install the cable end into the new lever and lock into place.

If you put machine in service position on nose ( the Honda shop manual does not mention this. ) It is much easier to do this procedure.

There is a video on you-tube on doing this but it is horrible. I may have to start making videos . I learn much easier from videos than reading instructions in a shop manual.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts