Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
" I'd like to have one snowfall this year that takes more than a broom to clear away "
I've got a powershift decal for your broom :)

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I dare it to dump snow on me :icon-hgtg:

I'd like to have one snowfall this year that takes more than a broom to clear away :wavetowel2:
Just remember I welcomed anyone to come and deal with our 30" snow. You could have brought your own machine or used mine. :icon_whistling: I spent probably a total of 7 hours blowing the stuff for myself and also several neighbors.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Just remember I welcomed anyone to come and deal with our 30" snow. You could have brought your own machine or used mine. :icon_whistling: I spent probably a total of 7 hours blowing the stuff for myself and also several neighbors.
And you said it never snows in southern PA. there BROTHER JOE. you still digging out yet.????????????

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
It's been bad the last two years (no snow) but I remember when we'd get some pretty heavy snows in Feb. And it always seemed to dump in the first week of March when the High School Basketball Tourney was in town (Mpls.).

It's that Dec/Jan stuff when it's knee deep, 20 something below and the wind seems to shift every time you turn around so it's blowing the snow from your chute right in your face that's a . . . a . . . challenge.

I'm not comfortable complaining about no snow. I want to complain about the manly stuff !! That we're highlighted on the news for getting another 36" snowfall, record cold temps, bone numbing wind chill that breaks the thermometer and school closings only because it's so cold the snow plows won't even start !!
Oh ya, and uphill both ways !! Those were the days. :icon-woo:

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
And you said it never snows in southern PA. there BROTHER JOE. you still digging out yet.????????????
I said it never snows here?? When?
We were dug out soon after the storm. I didn't get the Toro 521 out. I knew it'd be a little small for all the snow. I kind of wish now that I had used it just to see how it would handle that much snow.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
you should have tried out the 521 joe, the only thing that has stopped my 521 was lack of traction and this year a lack of snow

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
My reports are all over the board. Started at 6-12", then 1-3", 3-5" 6-8" and 5-12". We'll see.

Supposed to start at 2 pm.

Oh, it's also storm Kayla. I only say because that's my daughter's name. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
6-12 INCHES they are calling 4 here in the paradise city. ' SR' gets the call to the hall.:wavetowel2::wavetowel2:
" sr "....... that's just enough snow for my 2450 :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The largest snowfall we got so far this year has been 4 inches. Central MN about 70 miles NW of the twin cities. The last 2 years have been pretty bad for snow lovers. Last year the east coast got all the snow and we got the polar vortex. I have a cabin with 80 feet of Lake front and when we get no snow the sun heats up and causes the ice to crack and water comes up between the cracks and it pushes up the shore line a couple feet or so. I rather get a foot or so and have it stay to prevent this from occurring and I own 3 snowmobiles too and the last couple of years We barely even got to use them. In the 20 years I owned my cabin this is the 3rd year were we barely got any snow. Every storm seems to track towards the south or east of us or the East coast gets it and we are in the freezer with out any snow. 3 years ago we got 88 inches of snow and Duluth got 143 inches of snow.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
And so begins the task... (Stephen Stills song from 1972)

Thar she blows!

Can't see more than about 100'

* Just got this: "... Thunder likely to be heard...Residents should also not be surprised to hear a few rumbles of thunder late this afternoon into the evening as the strength of the storm arrives."

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I dare it to dump snow on me :icon-hgtg:

I'd like to have one snowfall this year that takes more than a broom to clear away :wavetowel2:
Your in a pretty good area to get about a foot. NW of the twin cities we are expecting 3 to 4 inches at most were I live. Been a couple of relatively snow less winters plus the 2011-2012 was even worse than this one. I remember tons of snow when I was a kid having to dig out an area around the mail box by the road because the snowplow could damage the mail box with a berm of snow if we didn't do it. It's been 3 years since we had decent amount of snow here.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts