Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before using my snowblower today which has a GX390 engine. I decided to look at oil level. As this motor dosen't take oil, I never checked it between oil change. Big surprise ! The motor was totally overfill with oil and... gas. Two weeks ago, I had a problem with the carburator. I lost near half tank of gas under the carb during a night. (stick float ) During this problem, fuel went in the oil and there was near 1 liter of gas in the oil. I perhaps used the snowblower in this condition one time. Last time motor didn't seems to have the power it normally had. Today, I used compressed air in the carb and changed the oil with Mobil 1 I always use in this motor . Everthing now seems fine. I don't think motor was damaged and finally, I really think I was lucky. Now I will use the fuel shut off valve every time I use my snowblower.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Yep - you may have dodged a bullet. You could have hydro-locked the cylinder starting it, especially with the electric starter, and you may sill have hurt the engine from using a very thin oil - the oil/gas mix. Keep an eye out for anything strange.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts