Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Ariens snowblower. Model is 926070, S/N is 005587. It has a LCT engine. I want to replace the fuel filter, but Ariens will only give me their part number (20001458) and it sells for $13. I've got to believe that I can get one from Home Depot or Lowes for much cheaper that provides the same protection. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
any filter that will fit will do the job, be mindful of the arrow for direction of flow.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Just remove the filter and head to the local auto parts store.

Cylinder Font Wood Metal Auto part

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
And if not marked by an arrow, the larger end faces the carb.

Reactions: Cabincat and LenD

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
I don't remember seeing a filter with a small end and a large end but why would the large end face the carb, outlet? I would think you would want the large end be the inlet allowing more fuel to come in to the filter before it's being restricted, slowed, by the filter, and a larger inlet with a smaller inlet both increases the pressure plus the weight of the extra fuel coming in would press harder.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing an inline fuel filter with different size barbs. Or are you referring to the outside shape, like this:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing an inline fuel filter with different size barbs. Or are you referring to the outside shape, like this:
Yep, the outside shape, you can see the larger end in your picture.
Larger end to the carb, otherwise it is not filtering properly.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I don't remember seeing a filter with a small end and a large end but why would the large end face the carb, outlet? I would think you would want the large end be the inlet allowing more fuel to come in to the filter before it's being restricted, slowed, by the filter, and a larger inlet with a smaller inlet both increases the pressure plus the weight of the extra fuel coming in would press harder.
Like I said, if it is not marked with a arrow for flow direction, the larger end of the filter unit will face the carb. Like pictured in Tabora's picture.
Why you ask? To have the filter work right.
Steve explains better in a video,

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Actually, though, the filter will "work right" either direction. You just won't be able to visually check the condition if it's hooked up backwards.
I disagree, the filter is not filtering right if hooked up backwards.
Hook your cars or pickup truck filter backwards and see how long it runs.
That is why the arrow is there most of the time. I got a batch for my ride on mower with no arrow on them.

All I was trying to say is that if the filter is not marked with an arrow, the larger ends goes towards the car. <<<<edit CARB.
You can run it wrong if you want to.

Reactions: Tony-chicago

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do all more recent Ariens blowers have serviceable fuel filters?

I have model 921051 30" Platinum SHO w/ the 414 engine. Not recalling it having a fuel filter? And searching the Ariens site no part numbers come up searching for its fuel filter?

Machine is out in the garage else I'd go peek at it. If there is a fuel filter it must be hidden in a housing somewhere?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OP here. Thanks for all of your replies. Just as an FYI for some, there IS a fuel filter and it even show it in the service manual. However for whatever reason Ariens does not publish a part number, you have to call for it. But from a couple of suggestions on this post, I will get an aftermarket one that is similar in size. Thanks again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts