Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What, if anything do you do to your yard/sidewalks in the summer to make snow blowing easier? Last month I edged the yard. It got all of the over growth hanging on the sidewalk off, and left a nice straight line. It should help keep the blowers from getting caught up in the crap that over hangs. I also used Round-up on all the sidewalk cracks. Sure it makes the yard look nicer too, but my main reason for doing it for the winter.

Is there anything I should take a look at doing yet this summer?

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
I dunno', maybe find a home down south somewhere:D No, seriously, what you've done makes good sense, and no doubt makes your yard look better during the summer too. I suppose if there's rough spots that can easily be smoothed our, or like at my in-laws house, there's one of those city's water shut off things sticking up out of the edge of the sidewalk. I never seem to remember quite where it is until the snowblower finds it. Some time I should mark where it's at. Otherwise, good ideas you go there ddrink.

·
Registered
73 Posts
prep for season

Well I am positive that my neighbor will borrow my machine, I guess it is okay except that his driveway had been junk.

I talked him into resurfacing at the time that I had ours done a month ago. Now I don't have to worry about loose blacktop ingestion into the blades.

How's that for thinking ahead?

QR

·
Super Moderator
2,686 Posts
Prep

I had it easy this year (for the first time), the kids went out and edged the sidewalk and removed all the grass growing between the sections of the sidewalk so it's looking good for the first time the blower has to come out this coming winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts