Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I used one of these before. My uncle has one but I think it was bigger than 17.5 inch. I have a bit of a bad back and this was very easy to use. The only problem I had with this is when the snow was really packed I had somewhat of a hard time breaking the snow compared to the regular shovel my dad has that I could just hammer down using both arms to break apart hard packed snow. This I had to kick it down a few times to break loose the snow.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used one of these before. My uncle has one but I think it was bigger than 17.5 inch. I have a bit of a bad back and this was very easy to use. The only problem I had with this is when the snow was really packed I had somewhat of a hard time breaking the snow compared to the regular shovel my dad has that I could just hammer down using both arms to break apart hard packed snow. This I had to kick it down a few times to break loose the snow.
They seem to have several sizes of these. I just purchased a 19" one at Home Depot and I have seen an ad for a 22" one.

I don't think it is intended to break apart hard pack. It is more for moving snow from one place to another.
One word of warning. The push buttons for adjusting the handle have very strong springs and it is not at all difficult to pinch your thumb. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully its not too painful. I hate getting blood blisters from stuff like that. I just usually pop it and squeeze as much of out as possible. I doubt it would happen again in the winter time though. Seeing as you'll most likely be wearing gloves by then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts