Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to see if someone can please assist/shine some light for me here.. I am attempting to put my Tecumseh HS50 5HP engine back together after addressing a governor issue. Where me issue lies is in getting the crankshaft and camshaft realigned as I cannot get the camshaft out of the crankcase cover. I was first wondering if anyone knows if this camshaft "key" was removable? If not, what is a good recommendation to make sure I get the cranked stamped dot and the camshaft lined up properly so nothing is out of time? Ive read through the manual here: http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/manual/tecumsehlheadmanual.pdf and unless I missed something I am not finding anything helpful :/ Any advice you all could give I would much appreciate!! Also.. If any of you know of a way to tell which valve lifter goes where that would be helpful too, I just want to verify i have them correct as they just popped out in such a quick fashion that when I went to move them out of the way I am not sure if I missed up order :/ really hoping I did not.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts