Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I've determined that my stator diode has died on my Tecumseh 611113 alternator stator. Does anyone know what size diode I should replace this with?

The original diode looks like it exploded or swelled so I can't read any numbers off it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kevin

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have a thousand diodes if you find the specs, I'll send you one or two.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How often do you NEED the headlight?
Well, I was actually looking into putting two 18W LEDs on the snowblower. I think if I just need the light even once a year, I would like to have it working. I work late hours sometimes and might not make it out until dusk to start to snow blow sometimes.

Another question I have pondered is putting a bridge rectifier and capacitor(s) to smooth out the voltage for new LEDs?

Should I pursue that instead of just replacing the diode? I have seen and read all these vids and posts about how the diode DC is "crappy" DC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a thousand diodes if you find the specs, I'll send you one or two.

That would be awesome! Do you think you have a 4a 100v diode as ELaw has suggested? I was looking for a shottkey diode because I heard they are more efficient. I would think 4A or higher and anything over 50V would be good, right? But I wanted to double check. I wanted to measure the voltage off the stator before the diode but I could not get to the wire while it was mounted. So I pulled the flywheel and stator off to Ohm it out. That's when I found I had good Ohm readings before the diode but nothing after it.

I found this schottkey diode on AliExpress for (20pcs for $1.15) and I would think it would work, too. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20PCS-schottky-diode-SR5100-5A-100V-DO-27-SB5100-free-shipping/32729134340.html?priceBeautifyAB=0

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Looking for little stuff like this is what makes me miss Radio Shack :crying:

From that 611113 you should have 3amps, or 36 watts @ 12V. You can find LED lights on ebay or amazon that will run on AC. That way you don't need to do anything but run wire. They must have a converter internally.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I hit the link below, 20 pieces for $1.40 including shipping, go with that, it will save me time looking and it's exactly what you want.

That would be awesome! Do you think you have a 4a 100v diode as ELaw has suggested? I was looking for a shottkey diode because I heard they are more efficient. I would think 4A or higher and anything over 50V would be good, right? But I wanted to double check. I wanted to measure the voltage off the stator before the diode but I could not get to the wire while it was mounted. So I pulled the flywheel and stator off to Ohm it out. That's when I found I had good Ohm readings before the diode but nothing after it.

I found this schottkey diode on AliExpress for (20pcs for $1.15) and I would think it would work, too. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20PCS-schottky-diode-SR5100-5A-100V-DO-27-SB5100-free-shipping/32729134340.html?priceBeautifyAB=0

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi - I decided I'm just going to replace the diode with the schottky diode I found on Aliexpress and stick with the light I have. Thanks all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts