Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a 79 airens with 5ph Tecumseh. I am looking to replace the original carb due to ongoing issues. The number on the carb is 5668k25. I am having trouble locating which replacement I should be using. I found this carb was replaced by 631911 but I cannot find this model either. Any suggestions on what carry will work as a replacement?

Thank you,
Joe

·
Registered
3,180 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A quick look reveals that part # 6631911 may have been superseded by part # 631787 ..... as always, make sure you match up your carb to the one you are purchasing, In many instances, the only differences in model numbers is the choke lever position, which usually can be remedied. Also, doing some Googling can usually result in a cheaper price.

Amazon.com: Tecumseh 631787 Lawn & Garden Equipment Engine Carburetor Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Part: Automotive
Yes I have researched 631787 but cannot find a complete carb at a reasonable price. The big difference my carb has is the choke lever is vertical. It passes through the shroud on the snowblower. I have seen one with a long horizontal lever which could bent vertical. Just need to understand which one would work with my 5hp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
If I recall, I used the cheaper one in a similar situation, and modified the shroud, i.e. cutting a slot and extended the choke through the shroud ... worked flawless .. I sold that machine, but think I have a photo ... I'll post it if I locate it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I usually just do a search for 'tecumseh hs50 carburetor' on Amazon and then start looking at and comparing them to the one on the engine. Things to compare to get similar to the old carb are mounting holes, throttle lever design/shape, primer hookup or not, design of the fuel inlet connector, and I also like to get one with an adjustable mixture screw. If you can find one close then worry the least about the choke lever shape/design. The choke lever is a super easy swap from your old carb and is something I typically plan on needing to do with one of the cheapo <$20 carburetors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts