Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
thanks again for the info, but i think you are misunderstanding my question, or maybe i didn't explain well enough......

i am planning on using the new carb that i ordered, body and all

but im thinking about removing only the main jet from it, and installing the main jet from my old carb

so putting my old main jet, in the body of the new carb
With a foreign carb just use the whole thing if the shafts and links and other connections are the same, Earlier in the thread you said you were thinking about rebuild. Examine everything very carefully side by side, make sure they shipped you a large block carb.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
make sure they shipped you a large block carb.
that is kind of the reason why i thought it would be best to use my current main jet,

what are the differences between the large block carb and a smaller one?

i thought the only difference was the jet sizing?...the carb bodies are the same size?....no?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
After awhile, you get good at rebuilding/carb kits on the existing/original carbs. But some of us just prefer to put on a new one.

·
Registered
460 Posts
After awhile, you get good at rebuilding/carb kits on the existing/original carbs. But some of us just prefer to put on a new one.
Sometimes that NEW carb is going to be an EPA carb without the ability to richen certain settings as differing conditions dictate, On Tec carbs that's not so much the case but on others it is. I also trust the domestic castings a bit more

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
oh i have LOTS of experience rebuilding carbs, mostly from motorcycles.....

i received my new carb in the mail and it looks great, i was happy to see that the main jet is stamped with the same size as my old carb "184"

so im just going to leave it as is and bolt it right on

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The carbs I get are pretty much identical to the original ones, but yes there are some non-adjustable ones out there. Even Techumseh had to build non-adjustable carbs per the EPA(no adjustment screw on the bottom of the bowl) I've replaced a number of the non-adjustable carbs with adjustable with great results.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts