Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I need to get carb some parts for my Tecumseh HMSK80 155527U engine. My float has a hole in it and my attempts to solder it did not work out. I figured I'd order a new one and a rebuild kit while I'm at it. Problem is, I see lots of rebuild kits but how do I know which is the right one for my engine? Same for the float - I haven't found any sites that can tell me a part number for the float for this engine. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction. This engine is one a Snapper snowblower.

Thanks! - Jim

·
Super Moderator
2,689 Posts
Carb parts

First off - welcome to the forum.

As far as your carb parts, why not check your owners manual? Most will have a breakdown for the respective parts in the machine. 2d would be take the model # of your engine down to your local parts supplier. 3d would be do a search on the internet for you model engine and I'm sure you'll turn up something.

I have a number of Tecumseh engines but none are that model so rather than guess, best you make sure you get the right parts.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
If everything is still in good shape you could probably get away with a partial rebuilt kit that just has a needle, seat, bowl gasket and nut gasket. Would save yourself some money over getting all the other needles and stuff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys! This information is helpful, thanks again. I'm looking to buy a replacement float, and the partial rebuild kit. So while I could go to a local shop to get the parts, they likely need to order it anyway, might as well do it myself. Can anyone recommend a good company to use that would have these parts? Is partstree.com the place to go? Thanks again. - Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts