Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got this Ariens 932500 with a Tecumseh OHSK55 from my neighbor in the summer. I dabbled with in September and, you know, life get busy. etc...
Very smartly...I've waited until now, 3 days before the first real snow storm hits, to fix it.

It didn't run and I could tell the carb was gummed up - so I pulled that off and swapped it out. When i went to reattach the carb over, I pulled the green ground wire off from wherever it attaches to the motor. It's got a little spade attachment on it - but for the life of me I cannot find where it attaches. Naturally, I did NOT take pictures as I went. Smooth.

The wire hooks to the front of the carb cover and is where the 'key' is inserted. Where it attaches is the mystery.

I took pictures of the wire and the area under/beneath the carb. As i look at it now, I'm willing to say it may have broken off and may not be a spade connector. again - I'm not certain.

If anyone has any ideas on where it can attach (or if I even need to to get this started) - please send it my way.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

That's the kill switch. It used to connect to the bottom of the throttle, but it looks like you broke the spade in the connector.

I just ripped it out, and installed a rubber booted toggle switch and eliminated the key, and throttle kill switch. Take one side that doesn't go to ground on the key, connect it to a simple open/closed switch, and put the other side to ground. I don't have that machine anymore, so can't get pics.

https://www.whitworths.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/960x/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/8/4/84212_rwb2174_waterproof_toggle_switch.jpg

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
You don't need it, many don't use the Red key kill switch, I don't, and disconnect it by pulling the spade clip as you "did". When you throttle down, the engine will stop, if not, adjust the idle screw on the throttle plate on the top of the carburetor until it does, then from then on use the throttle to run the machine and turn it off.

The key kill switch is used to stop unauthorized and not knowledgeable people from using the machine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't need it, many don't use the Red key kill switch, I don't, and disconnect it by pulling the spade clip as you "did". When you throttle down, the engine will stop, if not, adjust the idle screw on the throttle plate on the top of the carburetor until it does, then from then on use the throttle to run the machine and turn it off.

The key kill switch is used to stop unauthorized and not knowledgeable people from using the machine.
excellent advice.
I'll probably replace it at SOME point - but for this storm coming on Saturday, I'm going to try and get it running so I can get things cleared.

Thanks for the the help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:welcome: to SBF jaydillo

Thanks! This is my first snowblower ever and my first Tecumseh engine. And it was free. So if it works, great. if not, i'm out the cost of a carb.
I have a Craftsman riding mower with a B&S that has been my primary pain but now that it's winter...well, more work I guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Works like a charm!!! Fired it up today and it’s ready for Saturday’s snow. Thanks guys. I’ll definitely be back

1 - 10 of 10 Posts