Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

one of the worst thrown rods ive ever seen. ripped out almost the whole right side of the block and even got a piece of the cast iron cylinder wall. this is on an ariens 8524 classic which is pretty much an st824 with a newer revision chute and dashboard

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Some JB Weld will fix that. ;-)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Thats the worst I've seen.....no JB for that girl.......time for a wake. The good news is a Predator will bolt up quick....and cheap.

·
Registered
871 Posts
crazy glue will fix that right up, yessiree, lol.
was it over revving? odd noises b4 she blew?

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
After the JB Weld don’t forget to run some Seafoam for the first tank of gas

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hmm... Takes the principal of "Air Cooled" to a whole new level

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
EWWWWWWW I have a 8524 sitting in my garage waiting to get put back together. Far fewer pieces than that one however.....

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where was that machine stored, in sea saltwater?
the guy i got it from said he threw vit under his deck 2 years ago when it threw the rod. good news is i only paid 40 for the whole machine and 50 for a doner toro powershift with a failed transmission. will be a nice blower for somebody

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Does that one have a single or double shaft engine, Mine has a double, Mine runs good though LOL. Got it somewhat taken apart ans the worm gear was toast and got this one for $50

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
single shaft its a 924 series ariens also made a 932 series 824 that looked almost identical but those have twin shaft engines

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
now that's what I call letting your engine breath :)
hope you get the other engine on there soon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts