Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older ariens blower that ive gone through, replaced all worn parts, and even repainted. Just got done with new tires today. For the last couple of hours ive been trying to come up with the part numbers for an alternator/stator/generator to possible see about adding on power accessories and a light. Its a Tecumseh H70 130273N. the closest ive came to locating a p/n was 611077 add-on alternator from another post on here. but i didnt see anything via ebay, much less a picture. I realize i might need to pop off the flywheel to see if the block even has any bolt holes for one. I'm just here to see if anyone could point me towards any p/n's that would work, a kit, or even ones from a different model number engine that would work.

I might be back since i have a 33" 8hp ariens i wanna do the same thing too. My eventually plan is to have power chutes and Led lights.

*i cant remember the model #'s of both ariens off the top my head atm but they are both mid 70's models

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
linked just for the photo correct? Ah i see its one of those.
I'm kinda hoping i can just find something that goes behind the flywheel. I've decided while I'm waiting on a few more parts ill pull off the flywheel on it and make a judgement call from other tecumseh H models in that size if no one chimes in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got done taking the flywheel off. looks like i have the mounting holes on the casting for a stator. so now all i have to do if figure out the possible part numbers. the flywheel is also notched on the inside for where the magnet would go. could anyone help point me where i could start looking for the parts?

The ariens number is 910002 ser. 008250, the manual states it would have a H60 originally but this one prolly had the engine changed out at some point or the cover got swapped or the engine was changed out then someone swapped the cover, just thinking out loud.
heres a picture if it helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts