Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at used blowers, but worried that parts will be increasingly tough to find for the Tecumseh engines...

Are there aftermarket parts or do people just repower with something else?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Yes and no. It really depends on your philosophy.

Some here are dedicated to maintain the old iron, some just grab a $99 Harbor Freight Predator. And it depends on the blowers pulley setup, as to whether that a simple job or more entailed.

Best bet, is to throw up some of the machines that you are interested in, and get some feedback from folks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was looking an last gen Ariens and Toros. But I ended up going for an Ariens with a Briggs, so I chickened out on the Tecumseh. :p

·
Registered
465 Posts
Maintenance parts are easy to get. Tecumseh power spun off their certified parts division. Stuff like short blocks, long blocks, and complete engines aren't really available though outside of new old stock sitting around somewhere or used parts.

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
Maintenance parts are easy to get. Tecumseh power spun off their certified parts division. Stuff like short blocks, long blocks, and complete engines aren't really available though outside of new old stock sitting around somewhere or used parts.
and used parts too..considering how many Tecumseh engines were on snowblowers..probably 90% of the market for half a century, I imagine parts will be plentiful for another half a century.

Im not at all worried about Tecumseh parts.

Scot

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
those TECUMSAPARTS are gutless wonders, here in MINNESOTA anyway.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I use them things for boat anchors.:D:D:D:D:D:D
Funny you say that. They also used them for boat "motors". Eska and Sears Gamefishers. I have a 34 year old Sears 7 1/2 hp that still starts on one or two pulls. :p

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Funny you say that. They also used them for boat "motors". Eska and Sears Gamefishers. I have a 34 year old Sears 7 1/2 hp that still starts on one or two pulls. :p
I never had good luck with them things.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I remember they were on those eska sno-flyers....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts