Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not find a thread specifying the Tec engines but have one with the wire for lights and wanted to add some, But do the Tecumseh engines have DC or AC coming out of them for the lights, I really need to learn some about electrical.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I could not find a thread specifying the Tec engines but have one with the wire for lights and wanted to add some, But do the Tecumseh engines have DC or AC coming out of them for the lights, I really need to learn some about electrical.
It depends on what stator is installed.

More often than not, it's single-wire & either pure AC or half-wave rectified (they add a diode right before the connector to make really crappy DC)... both are fine for an incandescent lamp.

If you want to go LED (highly recommend), here's a great reference that's helped alot of folks out: upgrading-your-snowblower-lights.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Just to have them on hand I ordered a 2 pack of bridge rectifiers to have on hand in case earlier today, found a few led lights online that look good and waterproof, A single 18w may be enough so not too worried about drawing too much power, 2 lights would be fun but un nessasary imho for the user and smaller driveway. But usually clears to get out of driveway before work so the light would be handy.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Someone posted this week that they are making LED lights that are both AC DC so you do not need the rectifier any longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts