Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to try out my new Ariens Delixe 24, model #921045 the other day, and was pretty impressed at how it handled the 3 inches of heavy wet slop we got. Today I had some free time, between doctor appointments and "taxi service" for my bride and our daughter, so I decided to check all the bolts on my new machine. Everything was good, until I got to the bolts securing the auger housing to the main frame, where one bolt was loose. I figured I better check the shoe adjustment, and found it was off. So I figured I better make sure everything was lined up right, and low and behold, it was out of level. So I loosened the single bolt on the other side, as well as the four shoe bolts, and got it all leveled out, and then set the scraper height again. I had set it at 3/8" when I took delivery, but decided to go 1/4" to get a little better scrape on the driveway, but not so close to pull up turf. I'm just surprised that Ariens only has one bolt securing the auger housing to the frame on either side, the video a watched from Ariens, shows two bolts on either side, but this years model only has one on each side, I'm hoping that they can hold the unit securely as four bolts, but only time will tell. My next project will be adding 2, possibly 3 LED lights to better light my way in the dark. I'm planning on 2 facing forward, one on each side of the handlebars, or dash plate, and maybe one on the chute, so I can see where I'm throwing snow, so as not to nail the neighbors bedroom windows round the side yard going to my outer shed.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Finally got to try out my new Ariens Delixe 24, model #921045 the other day, and was pretty impressed at how it handled the 3 inches of heavy wet slop we got. Today I had some free time, between doctor appointments and "taxi service" for my bride and our daughter, so I decided to check all the bolts on my new machine. Everything was good, until I got to the bolts securing the auger housing to the main frame, where one bolt was loose. I figured I better check the shoe adjustment, and found it was off. So I figured I better make sure everything was lined up right, and low and behold, it was out of level. So I loosened the single bolt on the other side, as well as the four shoe bolts, and got it all leveled out, and then set the scraper height again. I had set it at 3/8" when I took delivery, but decided to go 1/4" to get a little better scrape on the driveway, but not so close to pull up turf. I'm just surprised that Ariens only has one bolt securing the auger housing to the frame on either side, the video a watched from Ariens, shows two bolts on either side, but this years model only has one on each side, I'm hoping that they can hold the unit securely as four bolts, but only time will tell. My next project will be adding 2, possibly 3 LED lights to better light my way in the dark. I'm planning on 2 facing forward, one on each side of the handlebars, or dash plate, and maybe one on the chute, so I can see where I'm throwing snow, so as not to nail the neighbors bedroom windows round the side yard going to my outer shed.
I'm getting my deluxe 24 this Saturday,can't wait,how did The auto turn work for you? Do you have a blacktop driveway? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The auto turn worked pretty good, considering it might have been out of Alignment from the start, but it was a big improvement over my old 1980's Ariens. I've got a smooth paved driveway, a rough paved driveway, and lawn areas I clear, and it seemed to good on all three surfaces, but I've only used it once so far. If it remains as bulletproof as the old machine, I'm gonna be really pleased. I do like how the handles are a bit more upright, and stand a bit taller, it makes raising the front a bit easier.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Besides keeping the paper owner's manuals that come with the equipment, I always, when available, download manuals in PDF format. This allows me to have a backup if one is lost or destroyed and, more important to my tired old eyes, it is great to be able to magnify stuff on the computer.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The owners manual is a must have. I also bought a service manual for my Toro, $10.00. Worth 10x that much IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts