Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, that's a wrap, folks! Gonna fog the cylinder, drain the carb, and wipe `er down with silicone.

It seems fairly unlikely The Old Dominion will see measurable snow this year, so from Northern Virginia I'll sadly close the book without once having the occasion to use my new blower.

Time to fire up the garden tiller and prep the garden tractor, sharpen the blades, etc.

For those of you still blowin' snow ... God bless ya.

See you in November!

Tom

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes. Unfortunately the rain we got a couple days ago wasn't accompanied with a Canadian cold front. Would have received at least a foot of snow if not for temps.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Well it's 52F ATM and we're supposed to get 4-8 over night into tomorrow,, guess I get to try out the Ariens after all

Reactions: Tomatillo

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Well, that's a wrap, folks! Gonna fog the cylinder, drain the carb, and wipe `er down with silicone.

It seems fairly unlikely The Old Dominion will see measurable snow this year, so from Northern Virginia I'll sadly close the book without once having the occasion to use my new blower.

Time to fire up the garden tiller and prep the garden tractor, sharpen the blades, etc.

See you in November!

Tom
Stick around you are not the only 1 that farms. I post pics of mine all through the summer. got to have something to fill the hours of day. http://www.allsmileys.com/files/smiley-central-communicate/5240.gif

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
On the positive side, you have a prime condition VV1332 waiting in the wings.

I so look forward to doing that. Enjoy.

Yep, still blowin' the white stuff here...GBY to you also.

See you in November!
Pop in from time to time.

Reactions: Tomatillo

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Ya Nova Scotia is looking at a couple of shots of snow and cold over the next week. Usually doing spring yard cleanups by this time. Crazy winter this year. Roller coaster weather ....one extreme to the other, but overall a warm winter. Just looks like its going to hold on late.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
We have a snow fall warning for west of us but it may miss here so the Toro is on standby again. Only used it 5 times this winter so far.

·
Registered
270 Posts

See you in November!

Tom

You know we're all gonna laugh at you when it snows next week!!!!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hy, hy, hype. Maybe.

I'm hoping it'll amount to something. As it is, they say we'll only get 1 to 3 inches here in Northern Va.

Ha, ha, ha.

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
Hy, hy, hype. Maybe.

I'm hoping it'll amount to something. As it is, they say we'll only get 1 to 3 inches here in Northern Va.
I'm in S.C. Pa. and according to what I've seen we're gonna get clobbered. I seriously hope not though.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You know we're all gonna laugh at you when it snows next week!!!!

I'm laughing at myself! Not for the same reason you rightfully would have, but after the wild predictions for the "gargantuan" nor'easter, with "bobmogenesis" and all the ominous and impressive terms they threw at us ... I'm now convinced the machine I bought is a "snow prevention" machine!

LOL

I woke up and headed for the window, laughed and just shook my head. I picked up my trusty orange plastic shovel I've had since Hechinger's was still in business.

As I took a quick orange-shovel pass, I couldn't help mutter "bombogenesis, my expletive ars!"

Then I looked around at the beauty of it all on the evergreens, sucked in a good lung full of crisp air, and I apologized to the Big Guy for cussing, and thanked Him for the beauty of the day.

Reactions: Dave C

·
Registered
122 Posts
Received a decent amount of snow in south central PA (Hampden Township). Received just shy of 19" of snow. Snow plows left nearly 5' high piles of snow at EOD. Neighbor kid* came over to blow out drive. Wife did EOD clean up later in the day. Neighbor enjoyed using snow blower so much that he went and cleaned 3 other drives on our block.

kid* - relative to my age is anybody under the age of 40

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts