Snowblower Forum banner

701 - 720 of 723 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Fired up the 210R, got closer to finishing the 'Dong motor install on my 524. Last year I robbed the carb and recoil off the 5hp 'cumsapart for my 624 Powershift. I know, the stories just get complicated....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Blew the drive belt on my 828 last night, I live in metric land and there's a snow storm coming so I didn't have time to order a 3/8 x 34-5/8 belt from the US, at the local auto parts store they found a 10x875 mm v-belt from a fan instead, so I fitted it instead, was a few mm shorter than the original and I had to open up the blower both on the underside and onthe top to get it onto the wheels, but it fit.

And man that black plastic cover for the belts, such a PITA to get back on, I wonder if I am doing something wrong.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Blew the drive belt on my 828 last night, I live in metric land and there's a snow storm coming so I didn't have time to order a 3/8 x 34-5/8 belt from the US, at the local auto parts store they found a 10x875 mm v-belt from a fan instead, so I fitted it instead, was a few mm shorter than the original and I had to open up the blower both on the underside and onthe top to get it onto the wheels, but it fit.

And man that black plastic cover for the belts, such a PITA to get back on, I wonder if I am doing something wrong.
I hate having to repair in the cold.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Replaced the paddles, scraper and belt on my 3000 GTS yesterday. Only tricky part is getting the nut on the torx fastener due to the design of the auger one on each side of the blade is tough to get to. To make the job easier:
thin vicegrips to hold the nut while you push the torx fitting into the rubber, warm up the paddles first if they were sitting in a cold garage and spray the holes and torx fittings with silicone this helps them slide in and stay where you want them to so you can get the nuts started.
This and fuel system maintenance (proper 2 cycle mix and stabilized fuel for not more than a year, non ethanol if possible) is about all these little 2 stroke machines ever need.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts

It appears your tires are on backwards, you probably just need to flip the wheels from one side to the other.

·
Registered
2020 Toro 1428 OHXE, 1996 John Deere 826D, 2019 Husqvarna ST330 (sold it)
44 Posts
Today I started up my recently purchased machine, from 3 weeks ago, just to hear it run, seeing that's the most I can do with it, with only an inch of snow on the ground.

It's been abnormally dry the last couple of months in Western Wisconsin, with a total of 2 inches of snow during the period and no rain.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Today I started up my recently purchased machine, from 3 weeks ago, just to hear it run, seeing that's the most I can do with it, with only an inch of snow on the ground.

It's been abnormally dry the last couple of months in Western Wisconsin, with a total of 2 inches of snow during the period and no rain. View attachment 173625
Hey! Are your tires on backwards, as well?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Fired up the RatRod 5.524 and tossed the EOD rain/slop that fell last night. New tires were great, 'Dong motor fired up and purred along with plenty of power and a lot less noise than the Tecumseh. Impeller kit again showed its worth, no clogging. This old pig is growing on me....

·
Super Moderator
1,607 Posts

NOPE! they are a big royal pain, wait till you pick up a stone and pop it though the acr plastic and have to change that, carriage bolts, 1/4x20 bolts with locking nuts under tight spots held in place by hex holes in the plastic that like to round out
toro states lifetime warranty but not covered is stone damage .yes it happens we kept 5 in stock at all times.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I'm really liking the new Toros with the all-metal bucket/impeller housing and chutes. The plastics, although probably fine, just seemed to 'cheapen' the machine. My only issue is that I have not found enough coins under the sofa cushions to buy one (yet) 😁

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm really liking the new Toros with the all-metal bucket/impeller housing and chutes. The plastics, although probably fine, just seemed to 'cheapen' the machine. My only issue is that I have not found enough coins under the sofa cushions to buy one (yet) 😁
yeah , I keep looking for one of them newfangled "bit-coins".

·
Super Moderator
1,607 Posts
cheapened the machine is why toro went back to full metal, they simply looked cheap on the box store floors along side of the other brands , real world even a mtd looked better made ,not that they are may be metal, but cheaper inside, IE plastic transmissions that people can't see

·
Super Moderator
1,607 Posts
you and me both.

701 - 720 of 723 Posts