Snowblower Forum banner
741 - 745 of 745 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ran the Powermax around the yard tonight cleaning up behind the plow. The more I use this machine the better I like it. Plenty of power, intuitive controls. Need to adjust both clutch cables. The only thing I would like to have is better light(s). Going to look at LED upgrades, I guess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked up a used 1030 today in my Honda Odyssey van(almost didn’t fit). Had to remove the chute control assembly to make it fit but it was a hell of a deal for only 575. Looks like previous owner had a gravel driveway or something, the chute looks pretty dinged up but everything works as much as i can test it in April. Gonna have to get it really for summer storage now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Put new shoes on my new (old, 1995) 724 today. I'm happy! If I should happen to wear this side down I can flip them and recut the angles. These are HDPE. I don't believe I'll wear them out but if I do I'll make the next pair from UHMW.
wow...that looks nice! hmmm.......... HDPE poly ethylene I used to deliver all sorts of plastic pellets.... got me thinking now.......

where did you "aquire" those from?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ran across a sad sight today. I was taking a bunch of aluminum cans to the local recycle center, and on a flatbed cart is a disassembled Toro snowblower. I should have taken a photo but didn't. It was a 521 model with a newer OHV engine. I don't know Toro models, so not sure how old it was. I saw no rust, and the tires looked brand new!
I'm waiting there thinking "I have three machines older than this (maybe ten year old) unit, and they are all in working order".
78 Ariens compact ST504, 1980 MW/Gilson 20" compact, 1992 Simplicity 522e.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I ran across a sad sight today. I was taking a bunch of aluminum cans to the local recycle center, and on a flatbed cart is a disassembled Toro snowblower. I should have taken a photo but didn't. It was a 521 model with a newer OHV engine. I don't know Toro models, so not sure how old it was. I saw no rust, and the tires looked brand new!
I'm waiting there thinking "I have three machines older than this (maybe ten year old) unit, and they are all in working order".
78 Ariens compact ST504, 1980 MW/Gilson 20" compact, 1992 Simplicity 522e.
yep, sad indeed. The 521 is a great machine, I have 2. And neither with the OHV engine.

741 - 745 of 745 Posts