Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Not impressed 1699 for 302cc motor
rated for a max 45 feet throw without and impeller kit means the worst snow 25 feet not far enough
imo they still have engines that are to small
paint and chrome wont get you home
small engines == more profit paying for the name
the 30 inch ariens sho is better for the same money

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The HD 1428 OHXE does look sweet. Hmmm, since the Toro Timemaster didn't work out for my yard and if I can get by with my Honda HRX217 walk behind mower for a couple more years, I would have permission to purchase the 1428. Realistically though the HD 1028 OHXE does have plenty of power for my needs and at $1699.00 I could get myself that and riding lawn mower without waiting another 2 years. Guess I'm going to go look at them when they get into the dealerships. I cut down 6 trees this year to help with leaves cleanup but I still could cut down another 5-6. A riding mower would help with the cleanup. It's the leaves vs the snow! The leaves will fall for sure, but will there be enough snow for a new blower??

https://www.toro.com/en/homeowner/snow-blowers/power-max-hd-1428-ohxe-commercial-38843

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
The 1428 OHXE must be a beast, at 420cc and 28"! I was trying to see if Ariens had a similar offering, since the power-to-width ratio of the Toro is quite impressive.

It's not quite the same, but the Ariens Platinum 30 SHO is 414cc and 30". But the list price for the Toro is $2,499, vs $1,799 for the Ariens. That's a fairly hefty price difference. And while it needs more storage space, some would likely view the 30" as an advantage.

It will be interesting to see how the new HD models perform this winter! I do prefer the idea of the trigger steering on the Toro, vs Auto-Turn on the Ariens, which relies on "reading your mind", vs having explicit controls for steering. And the ACS on the Toro sounds helpful, though I don't have any experience with it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The base of the chute looks small and it's rectangular like MTD. Interesting after telling us for so many years how great the plastic is that now the metal chutes are "built to last".

Like the LED light. That 1428 looks solid, comparable to Ariens pro. Others seem kind of expensive for the power. Then again, so are Hondas. So maybe they'll still perform.

Will be interesting to see how they do.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Still can not see if they got away from that Uni-body frame. :icon_whistling::icon_whistling::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:
OMG Powershift93 are you still jonesing on the old frame style?

Here are the facts:
The Uni-body frame has proven to be strong and tuff. Or is it tuff and strong. Either way it works.
These new models are sweet!
I want one.

There, nuff said LOL.:wink2:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was under the impression Loncin made the engines.

I might get an 8/24.
Wish they had a 10/24.

On their mower engines, Loncin does indeed make the Toro branded ones. My 42" Timecutter is so equipped. Works good for now.

I don't know if it's the same provider for their snowblower engines.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts