Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guitar accessory Musical instrument Purple Electronic instrument Musical instrument accessory

Bought this for some pocket change from somebody that traded it for something and they could not get it running

Where is the serial number located on this? Looks to be a 70`s something model?
It's not starting. It has compression and it has spark. Since its dark i didn't check if it gets fuel.
When i prime the bulb it's blowing air out of the carb and no sign of gas going in to it som i will take the fuel line of and check the fuel valve. The carb looks new and is probably not adjusted.

It has 12v starting but the battery holder is home made and it's rubbing on the wheel chains so i will remove it for now. I guess this was quite the machine back in the days. If i get it running and the gearbox and auger is not too bad i will considering restoring it because the color is really going to catch some looks from the neighbors 😄

Automotive tire Wood Purple Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
522 Posts
Restore it, touch up the paint, and put a Pink Panther sticker on each side of the auger housing. Call it the Pink Panther Special Edition. if you were my neighbor I would stop down with a couple beers if I saw you using it, everyone will notice it in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I see you have 2 different pics and have spark, but...
Just FYI if the deadman wiring is intact, it should not start if auger lever is engaged as is here.
Maybe you checked spark before the auger lever was engaged and now think you still have it?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive lighting

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see you have 2 different pics and have spark, but...
Just FYI if the deadman wiring is intact, it should not start if auger lever is engaged as is here.
Maybe you checked spark before the auger lever was engaged and now think you still have it?
Restore it, touch up the paint, and put a Pink Panther sticker on each side of the auger housing. Call it the Pink Panther Special Edition. if you were my neighbor I would stop down with a couple beers if I saw you using it, everyone will notice it in the neighborhood.
Yes i played a bit with the controls to check that everything was moving freely.

It's a different culture here in the north of Europe i'm afraid. Barely ever speaks to the neighbors. Maybe just a hello during the summer and everybody keeps to themselves :(
I will keep the thought about the pink panter stickers in the back of my head :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a Barbie special!
:ROFLMAO:

--------------
OEM carb is 1249 NOK which equals 142 US dollars. Shipping from eBay to Norway takes over a month these days :O
I bet the carb that is on it now is a cheap Chinese one.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yes i played a bit with the controls to check that everything was moving freely.

It's a different culture here in the north of Europe i'm afraid. Barely ever speaks to the neighbors. Maybe just a hello during the summer and everybody keeps to themselves :(
I will keep the thought about the pink panter stickers in the back of my head :D
My great grandfather who was from Denmark always said good fences make good neighbors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
My great grandfather who was from Denmark always said good fences make good neighbors.
Sounds like a wise man :D
-----------------------------------

My curiosity got the best of me so I had to take of some covers to have a look.
Gearbox looks surprisingly well. Just needs some cleaning and a bit of fresh grease on the chains.
A lot of dust from the belts so they need replacing.
--------------
Edit: Having some trouble finding the drive belt for this.
It was easy finding the auger belt which is number 07206600

Motor vehicle Automotive design Pink Fender Automotive lighting

·
Registered
607 Posts
{/QUOTE}
Edit: Having some trouble finding the drive belt for this.
It was easy finding the auger belt which is number 07206600

[/QUOTE]
That is a 3/8" 34" drive belt

Auger is a 1/2" 40"

·
Registered
189 Posts
I, will say, it sure looks differnt. I, like the color, even though, I am not crazy about pink. Hope you get it running. Keep the color.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
189 Posts
That is pretty nice to look at. Can you give some kind of money break down. Some thing like 500.00 USD = to your money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
100 US dollars is 865 NOK. Norwegian kroner. If I buy from a Norwegian online store I'm looking at allmost 2000 kr for a oem carb, 2 belts and new fuel lines. Which is 239 dollars.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's alive for now. No wonder it won't start when the bottom screw on the carb was turned all the way in.
The fuel line fell apart in my hands so i just ran it a bit on starter fluid. Engine sounds healthy so it won't need anymore work right now than a tuned carb and a new fuel line.

·
Registered
607 Posts
No wonder it won't start when the bottom screw on the carb was turned all the way in.
:ROFLMAO:
I laughed with a bit of dribbled soda pop out of my mouth. I just waved goodbye to a poor old JD 826 that had the throttle screw, idle jet, and main jet screwed in tight. I commented to the owner picking it up about the carb settings being as they were and he replied, "Yeah, I tightened up all the loose screws I could find and it still wouldn't run."
Glad you got yours going.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts