Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Let it snow
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was obviously a tough decision for everyone and last night the polls closed, we added up the votes and here are the winners of the winter photo contest.

All winners of the photo contest have been awarded a lifetime premium membership to SnowBlowerForum.com! We would like to thank everyone who participated and wish you the best of luck with the next contest we run.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Yes, congratulations to the winners, and thanks to everyone for the pictures you submitted.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
WOW... Thank you guys for the votes... I only found this site a couple months ago when I broke my MTD auger gearbox. Received a load of help and as you can see... she's working fine now... :)

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Thank You !!

Sorry, I was out of town for a few days. Actually I was again in Munising Mi where the photo was taken. Got to look in for a minute but was unable to post.

Imagine my surprise!!:eek:

Thanks !!!!

Now where is the guy with the balloons and the cameras and the huge 10 million dollar check! :D

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Now where is the guy with the balloons and the cameras and the huge 10 million dollar check! :D
Just remember, I voted for you and think I was the first. I deserve at least half the check for starting the trend.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Just remember, I voted for you and think I was the first. I deserve at least half the check for starting the trend.
I think there were at least 10 people involved in this thing. That will make it easy to do the math and divide the 10 million.

Soon as the check gets here I will send each of you your dollar. :D

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Sorry, I was out of town for a few days. Actually I was again in Munising Mi where the photo was taken. Got to look in for a minute but was unable to post.

Imagine my surprise!!:eek:

Thanks !!!!

Geez, you want balloons too!?:p

How was it up in Munising? Did you get over to Muldoon's?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
How was it up in Munising? Did you get over to Muldoon's?
Munising was mostly melted. Got hit hard with the warm up a couple of weeks ago, and the snowmobile riding is poor in the area. Also the bay didn’t look so good out at the island (where the photo was taken) so we didn’t even think about going out there.

Made a special point of going to Muldoon’s this trip but as luck would have it they are closed for the season. Asked the locals and they said they think it has new owners this year. They sent me to the Au Train market saying the lady there made the best Pasties in the area. Bought 4 frozen ones to bring home and try.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Sounds like they roll the sidewalks up at times in Munising. We haven't been able to get up there ourselves. Friends tell us they haven't had much snow on the south coast either. I'd like to hear how those you got from Au Train are. Oh, I'll work on getting the balloons. You'll have to ask Admin about the rest.;)

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I'd like to hear how those you got from Au Train are.
Well, I will tell you if I like it or not, but will not be able to compare it to any others as this will be my first time.

We should be able to cook a couple up in a few days.

I asked the girl at the market who sold them (not the lady who makes them) if they come with gravy and she said I must be a troll. I asked her why and she said only trolls eat them with gravy. She said some will use a little ketchup but most eat them the way they are.

For those that don’t know people who live in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula call those of us in the Lower Peninsula trolls because we live south (under) of the Mackinaw Bridge that connects the two.

Us Trolls call folks from the Upper Peninsula “Youpers”. It is derived from the initials U.P. which is pronounced you-pee. U.P. stands for Upper Peninsula, as opposed to the Lower Peninsula of Michigan. Youper is not a derogatory term. It is used mainly by residents of Lower Michigan and Wisconsin.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Yep, true Yoopers will politely point out the proper way pasties should be eaten. By the way, for those unfamiliar, it's pronounced "pass - t", not " paste - e". They are good with ketchup too.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
The Pasties were a Success! The wife liked them fine. I thought there were going to be a bit bland and as a precaution asked her to make gravy on the side. I did use it sparingly so I guess I am a Troll.

Beef ones were fine but the chicken ones were a bit peppery and I actually like them a bit better. I will have them again. Perhaps next time I can try some from Muldoon’s.

·
Registered
215 Posts
YES Second that!

Perhaps we can just start posting up some photos!! This is surely a year we can do that!

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Wow. Been a very very long time since I've seen this old thread. Had forgotten completey about.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts