Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems every year about this time we get a flurry ( no pun intended!) of one time posters who ask a question about some problem with their blower. They get their answer and they're gone. It's a bit disappointing. It'd be be nice if they'd stick around or at least say thanks on their way out the door. :2cents::icon-sadwave:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Seems every year about this time we get a flurry of one time posters who ask a question about some problem with their blower. They get their answer and they're gone. It's a bit disappointing. It'd be be nice if they'd stick around or at least say thanks on their way out the door. :2cents::icon-sadwave:

Just like the 1st 10 days of the new year at the gym
I always try and research before asking for help
most of it is basic google research gives the vid needed
just lazy really research is how you learn

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
I always get a kick out of the person who doesn't get an answer in that first hour and has already posted a bump or two and then flames :icon_cussing_black: the forum for not knowing or not caring and they want their account deleted.

What's there to delete ??
I guess they think we're here 24/7 just waiting for the next person to ask what weight oil or brand of spark plug is best :facepalm_zpsdj194qh

I know I'd enjoy more active members with knowledge to share. Just waiting for the next crazy guy like Geno to go one better on his 20+ hp Ariens.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Seems every year about this time we get a flurry of one time posters who ask a question about some problem with their blower. They get their answer and they're gone. It's a bit disappointing. It'd be be nice if they'd stick around or at least say thanks on their way out the door. :2cents::icon-sadwave:
yup.

it's the same when people know you know something about snowblowers. you get emails and/or phone calls with the same ol questions and rarely get a thankyou. i should set up a 900 number with a $19.95 minimum and $5 a minute after 10 minutes.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ha HA Careful now I left because my pops died and it has taken me a while to get my head on straight again...

I also lost my password which I forgot so I had to start a new....

I do know... they the short lived come for help and leave.... but that is what you all love to do(talk shop) so why not help em out. They will leave and the mainstays will all be here and all will be well again. Ya know? But I hear you Micah I am sure it gets old.

My engine blowing up helped me to come back and enjoy this forum again....I might not be that mechanical like most on here but I understand way more than I did in Nov 2012 and love to research for anyone. My favorite was EOD.............I kept saying to myself...what the **** are these guys talking about.....and one of you told me END OF DRIVEWAY and I could not stop laughing........I was like what an idiot I am......hahaha. You guys mentioned starting a some new threads How about a SNOW Blower Forum Glossary/Dictionary thread......I will Start:

EOD = END OF DRIVEWAY!!!!! So good.

Hey I did alright posting while pops was failing and this place was a good escape for me back then... note the spaces in simplicity solid 22 now there are none:

Last Activity: 07-27-2014 08:53 PM

Visitor Messages

General Information

• Last Activity: 07-27-2014 08:53 PM
  • Referrals: 0

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Ha HA Careful now I left because my pops died and it has taken me a while to get my head on straight again...

I also lost my password which I forgot so I had to start a new....

I do know... they the short lived come for help and leave.... but that is what you all love to do(talk shop) so why not help em out. They will leave and the mainstays will all be here and all will be well again. Ya know? But I hear you Micah I am sure it gets old.

My engine blowing up helped me to come back and enjoy this forum again....I might not be that mechanical like most on here but I understand way more than I did in Nov 2012 and love to research for anyone. My favorite was EOD.............I kept saying to myself...what the **** are these guys talking about.....and one of you told me END OF DRIVEWAY and I could not stop laughing........I was like what an idiot I am......hahaha. You guys mentioned starting a some new threads How about a SNOW Blower Forum Glossary/Dictionary thread......I will Start:

EOD = END OF DRIVEWAY!!!!! So good.

Hey I did alright posting while pops was failing and this place was a good escape for me back then... note the spaces in simplicity solid 22 now there are none:

Last Activity: 07-27-2014 08:53 PM

Visitor Messages

General Information

• Last Activity: 07-27-2014 08:53 PM
  • Referrals: 0
wow!!!

I don't think the OP was speaking of you specifically. He was just making a general accurate observation.

good to have you back. new old blood.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH For some odd Reason that will forever escape me. I am still here maybe not alive and kicking like the rest of youse. For I am now just an Entity of a another time and place somewhere oot on that Horizon. RESTING IN PEACE in the Great beyond. :smiley-shocked033:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well I am new and I am looking for a service manual for my 1983 Simplicity 870 or for an 860 from that time period, so I can do a friction disk replacement, however I think this forum is great and have no plans to use it once and leave. I have already contributed a bit too. So if anyone out their can happen to help me I would appreciate it and I can tell you now I wont be one of those guys and if I get the manual, I will be happy to pass along the info in the future to fellow Simplicity owners on here, off here, wherever. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got a lot of hobbies and each one flares up from time to time. For a solid decade I was deep into vacuum tube amplifier design and radio restoration (focus on Scott and Fisher :wink2: ), then I got a house and now I'm all about construction and tools... which has led me to this forum!

Glad to be here, i hope to add value where I can :smile2:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I've got a lot of hobbies and each one flares up from time to time. For a solid decade I was deep into vacuum tube amplifier design and radio restoration (focus on Scott and Fisher :wink2: ), then I got a house and now I'm all about construction and tools... which has led me to this forum!

Glad to be here, i hope to add value where I can :smile2:

You are like me. When I work on a project, I get obsessed with it, and need to research every little fact about it. Gotta love the Internet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had the same reaction when I found out what EOD was...I was thinking of any acronym used for the highway dept and wondering why all other places called their highway dept this while in my area it was just highway dept?????

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have a feeling you get a lot more appreciation for your help than you think, you probably just don't hear about it as much as you should.

With that...hats off to you for all of your help, ideas and some interesting input about life here on 'ol planet Earth.

received a private thank you this a.m. on a problem solved.

that was nice. at least i don't feel like i am wasting my time.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
I have a feeling you get a lot more appreciation for your help than you think, you probably just don't hear about it as much as you should.

With that...hats off to you for all of your help, ideas and some interesting input about life here on 'ol planet Earth.
With Tiger winning the Masters and this it will be "Beer O'clock" all day.

well, before that a little work on an old HS50 and giving the wife a hard time.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Orange I know you are appreciated especially from the Honda crowd with your honda knowledge...Like a lot of the SBFer's you add a wealth of knowledge!

Hey are you still snowed in out there or has it come way down????

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Orange I know you are appreciated especially from the Honda crowd with your honda knowledge...Like a lot of the SBFer's you add a wealth of knowledge!

Hey are you still snowed in out there or has it come way down????
two weeks ago we still had over 6 feet in yard . now it's going away except on sides of streets and in back yard where there is no sun.

here is part of front yard.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts