Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
no. most of those usually get junked when the transmission in them fail. i wouldn't put any money into that machine. i would only part it out and scrap the rest. they are built very cheap. the impeller is even made of plastic. that should say all you need right there. they were built to be cheap and disposable.

·
Premium Member
7,036 Posts
are you saying this blower is a winner and should be brought back into full service!?
There is no way of knowing without an in person inspection. Curious how old are you?

If you pay me $500, plane fare, hotel and food expenses I'll fly in and do the inspection.:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,036 Posts
There is no way of knowing without an in person inspection. Curious how old are you?

If you pay me $500, plane fare, hotel and food expenses I'll fly in and do the inspection.:cool:
Seriously , I dont know a darn thing about any brand snowblower other than Honda. And in my thinking there is no such thing as a bad junk Honda. They must make them with gold leaf or sumting they are so darn expensive ( parts that is )

I sell used Honda parts for 50% new price and people are happy to pay. It helps to live in the Honda capital of the world. I usually keep most for building projects. I have those big Costco bins all over. All over the garage , on walkway , on decks filled with parts.

That's why I have to build a shed . @tabora said he is flying out to help build it.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
@tabora said he is flying out to help build it.
I have a nice plan designed by my family's architecture firm for a 10x10 I can send you if you want it... See the shed on the right in these pictures. Double door on the side, entry door and window on the front and covered wood rack on the back (could store a few parts machines).

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
didnt we already go thru this????????
what i'm enjoying here is receiving a free education on how these machines are put together. i usually don't tear things down like this. i maintain machines, but usually don't have the need to disassemble to this degree. the free dump pics (and others) allow me to add to my understanding and skill level.

·
Premium Member
7,036 Posts
what i'm enjoying here is receiving a free education on how these machines are put together. i usually don't tear things down like this. i maintain machines, but usually don't have the need to disassemble to this degree. the free dump pics (and others) allow me to add to my understanding and skill level.
you are def a candidate for SBA ( Snow Blowers Anonymous ).

there is no cure. SBA meets here on SBF 24/7/365

good luck

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Unlike GA and AA, SBA actually enables and encourages your addiction.

Hey rwh963, isn't it time to head back to the dump and see what snow blower treasures you might find😈?

Our local dump doesn't allow picking, so I have to live vicariously through you and your photos.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Unlike GA and AA, SBA actually enables and encourages your addiction.

Hey rwh963, isn't it time to head back to the dump and see what snow blower treasures you might find😈?

Our local dump doesn't allow picking, so I have to live vicariously through you and your photos.
Dump is open Wednesday, and weekends. You’ll have to hold on!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I'll make the Executive Decision on this.

Part it out!

On the low side - New trans is $125, worth $50 in a heart beat; Engine 5hp old Tecumseh is worth $50 as a new 6.5hp Predator or MTD is $100-$120; wheels are fine with a tube in them, they'll never rust; tires are good; the chute ring snaps to lock and easily breaks, worth something; the auger cable wraps around, shreds, stretches, no adjustment I think, and breaks often; the chute is not compatible with any other model other than the hood.

The trans is weak however this is a nice machine foe someone who has multiple properties and needs to put it in a trunk, close the trunk, small enough, light enough, however a 2 cycle would be better as just as light but longer lasting.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'll make the Executive Decision on this.

Part it out!

On the low side - New trans is $125, worth $50 in a heart beat; Engine 5hp old Tecumseh is worth $50 as a new 6.5hp Predator or MTD is $100-$120; wheels are fine with a tube in them, they'll never rust; tires are good; the chute ring snaps to lock and easily breaks, worth something; the auger cable wraps around, shreds, stretches, no adjustment I think, and breaks often; the chute is not compatible with any other model other than the hood.

The trans is weak however this is a nice machine foe someone who has multiple properties and needs to put it in a trunk, close the trunk, small enough, light enough, however a 2 cycle would be better as just as light but longer lasting.
i do plan on parting it out. i came to realize that this blower seems designed on the "personal pace" lawnmower concept, with a variable speed transmission.

i separated the engine from the frame and set it aside. the transmission seems to fully function (everything rotates). the impeller/auger seems good too (spinning the impeller moves the augers), so the gear case seems good.

one plastic rim is cracked. tires are nice.

don't have the chute, just the piece that mounts to the body.

definitely build for lightness and light duty blowing. its no 10LM!

seems ebay is the best overall place to list pieces.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
i would say the engine might be the only thing worth saving. everything else is really hit and miss.

would you really want to risk selling it tho especially in a machine that was clearly in a accident.
That machine clearly IS an accident-someone bought it thinking it was a real snowblower.The damage was no accident,the owner tried to put the wretched thing out of its misery....

21 - 34 of 34 Posts