Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to brag about my first Honda which I still have. About 20 plus years old and throws better than most 828's and 928's and even 1132's. ( maybe exaggerating on the 1132 part lol )

NO impeller kit . No rejet . No modifications at all. several years ago even made a video of it performing. It throws snow 50-60 feet no problem. handles the EOD with a little more difficulty than a tracked model but if I have 15 or more inches of snow ( which happens a lot around here in a good winter ) this is the machine I bring out.

I love my old 80's and especially since I installed an impeller kit in one. now it handles wet and slushy snow better but this HS624 just about handles anything. people in the neighborhood can not believe it is a 6 horse. They assume it's a 928.

People ask me why and I can honestly say "I don't know" It's just tight as they say . Built right .Old school and does the job. I've had it for about 10 years and have done NOTHING to it except a service every couple years.

got me hooked on Honda's and have yet to find another that performs as well relative to horsepower.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Would love to brag about my new hss928 track but it is not the machine that my old 828 was for power, hoping the new one will in time have more but only about 6 hrs on it at present but it is sure nice with the turn lever's as for an ole guy it got tiring dragging the 828 around on the pavement. That 624 looks like a nice machine.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Would love to brag about my new hss928 track but it is not the machine that my old 828 was for power, hoping the new one will in time have more but only about 6 hrs on it at present but it is sure nice with the turn lever's as for an ole guy it got tiring dragging the 828 around on the pavement. That 624 looks like a nice machine.
I would check out the rejetting thread. You will probably need to change the carb jet to get the full potential out of the blower. You can thank the EPA for that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: orangputeh

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have to agree about the hs624. I've went through lots of blowers in the last 5 years.

I've never wanted to keep one until I ran a tracked hs624 I picked up from a guy in the snow belt for $115. He got a new cub cadet blowe and just wanted it out of his garage.

It surged and was a little rusty along the bottom of the bucket.

After some TLC and an impeller mod. This thing is everything I could want in a blower and didnt break the bank.

·
Premium Member
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to agree about the hs624. I've went through lots of blowers in the last 5 years.

I've never wanted to keep one until I ran a tracked hs624 I picked up from a guy in the snow belt for $115. He got a new cub cadet blowe and just wanted it out of his garage.

It surged and was a little rusty along the bottom of the bucket.

After some TLC and an impeller mod. This thing is everything I could want in a blower and didnt break the bank.

I don't see any wheeled units around here except mine and very rare to see one for sale here. My bucket on the wheeled unit is higher than the one on my tracked 80 or tracked 724.

It can process more snow and rarely bogs down.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would check out the rejetting thread. You will probably need to change the carb jet to get the full potential out of the blower. You can thank the EPA for that.

I wouldn't say it's all EPA's doing. ROC has a lot to say with respect to gas can, gas caps, jets, and Prop 65. I'm not talking about that ROC across the pond, but our very own Republic of California.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts