Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But, what is? had my buddy work on my blower and he took off the carb to clean. Turned out to be junk so I replaced it. I did not see the LINKAGE before it came off. I do not know how it goes back on?? in the picture, the throttle cable is on the right and the linkage on the left goes to the governor. in the pictured configuration there is not tension on the throttle cable. Anyone know how it is hooked up correctly? thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
I circled it. That long spring should hook to a hole near there (I believe that is the governor spring) . The governor linkage is hooked correctly, but it might be in the wrong hole. You should have marked it.

If everything is done correctly. When you push/pull the governor linkage, that spring, and throttle linkage (near where I circled) should move along with it.

Don't count on my words. Do more researches on that.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
That is how I remember my carb. That spring wasn't on the carb. Your carb might be different.

The throttle linkage is linked to the governor linkage and the governor controls everything.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The throttle cable goes in the hole on the control plate where the arrow is

First pic shows where the little clip goes that holds the throttle cable, it may come up from the bottom depending on throttle direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Here is a link to the correct linkage setup by OUR favorite small engine mechanic, donyboy73.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is that a lawn mower engine? That looks a lot like a throttle cable, not a long spring. Anyway, I don't think it is on there, because that would close the throttle valve when you pull the cable actually.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Drawing of the linkage- Blue arrow points to where throttle cable z-bend goes. Red arrow points to where cable gets clamped to.( your missing the clamp)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts