Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done taking the auger assembly out of my Ariens 924 and replacing the coupler that goes on the back of the drI’ve pulley. I had taken the plug out so I could roll it over easily lining things back up and left the whole open. After all, I’m careful, and I don’t think you could ever get anything to fall down into that tiny little hole🥺. I’d gone over the whole top of it, and everything was clean as a whistle up there there was nothing loose to be seen so I stood it up and it’s nose to put the base plate on.
When I was done flipped it back down I just happened to look at the spark plug hole for some reason and this is what I found. Look how tiny that is it almost fit in the hole. It’s so close in size that it really should have gone in in. In fact, when I tried to take it out with Pliers I couldn’t do it without dropping it into the cylinder so I had to fish it out with a pair of tweezers. Apparently, it’s an old piece of a cooling fin adjacent some bolt. It must have snapped off years ago and was floating around under the shield.
I should have bought a lottery ticket yesterday. Lesson learned, crap can get in there in ways you’d never imagine. So plug that hole with something ALWAYS !
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· Premium GOT Member
10,961 Posts
We hear the Murphy's all the time.

"It was running before I parked it."

"Should be an easy fix"

"It shouldnt take to long to repair"

When I hear these then I say "Then why don't you do it then".......aaaahhhhh

· Registered
Craftsman 536.881851
28 Posts
Reminds me of Murphy's Law......

Murphy's First Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Murphy's Second Law: Nothing is as easy as it looks.
Murphy's Third Law: Everything takes longer than you think it will.

Good reminder that crap happens when you least expect it, luckily you got a pass on this one and lesson learned.
Seems you have Murphy's law down pat, but have you heard of Cole's Law?

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Good catch! I remember dropping a tiny bolt into a Datsun 280Z straight six engine I was building. My buddy, with patience and a magnet, manage to fish it out and it took over an hour.

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then there a guy I know who had the opposit luck that day. He had an 2008 ish Tacoma and low mileage. He got the new frame a while back under warranty and even paid Toyota dealer to change thar awful rubber timing belt in the tiny V8. His son started it the other day and wouldn’t stay running and made an awful racket. Turns out the belt busted and wrecked the engine ! Worst part was they had a CiVic with a lot of miles for a CVT tranny so they splurged and got her a new Camray a few days earlier. Ouch!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts