Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning snowblowing I caught my neighbor watching me with envy as I was effortlessly clearing the end of the driveway....I think I may have converted someone this morning

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
I have a guy that just moved in across the street from me. I told him this summer, he better get a snowblower. His drive way is like mine, approx 100ft long and his is wider than mine, about 20ft wide. Of course he didn't buy anything. So I've watched him shovel it a couple of times now. It doesn't look fun. I got out my Honda single stage only, so far this winter. He started shoveling before me and I've finished up and he's still going. I know he could afford to buy one, don't understand why he wants to kill himself shoveling such a big drive.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
years ago my brother was given a toro 2450E that he wouldn't use, I didn't even know he had it.. we had a pretty big storm pass through and after finishing up at mom's I told her I was going to stop by my brothers and blow snow for him. I get over there and I can hear him talking to his son as they are shoveling. they didn't see or hear me so I went back to the van and got my 2450E running ( it was the only blower I could transport at the time ). there was between eight and 1ten inches of snow plus drifts, I made my way to his backyard and he and his son just stopped. I finished up his backyard then he opens the garage and shows me the 2450E that his SIL gave him. I fill it with gas and start it up. we head back to the front of the house and I show him how to use it on the walkway. he said shoveling was part of his workout and I told him that this was too much snow for a workout. when he was done I filled his tank up before heading home, came back a week later I went by and dropped off a gas can, 2 stroke oil, and a can of stabilizer. he doesn't shovel much now days

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 100' driveway and my two stage will clear 5"+ in the time it takes him to do his 20' driveway with a single stage. I was talking to him yesterday and he said the guy I bought the house from would shovel the driveway even after offering the use of his blower

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
I have a 100' driveway and my two stage will clear 5"+ in the time it takes him to do his 20' driveway with a single stage. I was talking to him yesterday and he said the guy I bought the house from would shovel the driveway even after offering the use of his blower
I would rather clear a 20' driveway with a single stage snowblower than have to shovel it. my old neighbor had an two stage ariens ( probably a 5 or 6 hp model ) when I bought this house. watching him was why I decided to get a two stage machine even though I had been using my 2450E for years

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Sounds like you are just a good influence to me! lol It would be even better if you had a spare to sell him.... ;>P I always have a few on hand for "loaners" with a buy it now option!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts